join:2004-06-01
IA

1 recommendation

Anonymous88 to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad

Re: Upload speed changes soon?

said by MediacomChad:

Currently I have no information on any upload speed changes.

Or the short answer is "no".
sway0004
join:2005-04-29
Surprise, AZ

sway0004

yeah i would like more upload from any provider but the only reason we got more download is because they upgraded to docsis 3.0.

because comcast and att were over sold and mediacom uses there hardware and back bones to run their service.. and then left the nodes with less load..

so they could give more speed to the low end but now have 50/5 and 105/5 over sold and lack of channels and the subscribers are not getting what they pay for..

i and about 70 people on mediacom online internet support forum have issues with modem bonding to only 1 channel at headend because the hardware is over sold.

im waiting on the tom and tos to service me with a new server rack for more channels
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

said by sway0004:

yeah i would like more upload from any provider but the only reason we got more download is because they upgraded to docsis 3.0.

because comcast and att were over sold and mediacom uses there hardware and back bones to run their service.. and then left the nodes with less load..

so they could give more speed to the low end but now have 50/5 and 105/5 over sold and lack of channels and the subscribers are not getting what they pay for..

i and about 70 people on mediacom online internet support forum have issues with modem bonding to only 1 channel at headend because the hardware is over sold.

im waiting on the tom and tos to service me with a new server rack for more channels

you do realize that tier 1 peering has nothing to do with comcast or att as ISP's right. Yes mediacom uses att for peering. No comcast does not they use several now level 1 being the biggest.

If the Blades at the headend are over sold then they need a new blade. Or a bigger pipe. To me it sounds like they have failing d3 gear in your area.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to sway0004

Premium Member

to sway0004
Oversold areas shouldn't have this kind of effect on channel bonding at the head end. If you want PM me your telephone# I can double check things for you.