share rss forum feed

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric

CC Outgoing, CC->Anveo->CPE Incoming...

Just thinking about a "free" IVR got me to wondering how to leverage my almost dormant Anveo account with my (excellent) Callcentric service. Here's my thoughts:
• All outbound calls will go through my Callcentric account
• Inbound calls will be SIP-forwarded from CC to Anveo
• Anveo will run them through their call flow IVR
•• If the incoming caller's CID is on my white list send the call on to my ATA
•• If the CID is not on my white list tell them to press 1 to ring my phone or 2 to leave a voice mail. Callers doing neither will time out and go to voice mail as a default.

That's it.

I have a PAP2T and an Obi100 to play with, the way I see it I'd need to configure a device to use CC for outbound calls and accept inbound calls from Anveo. I don't think the PAP2T can do this and I haven't played much with the Obi to find out.

Questions:
- Does this sound reasonable and do-able?
- If so, what is Anveo's SIP forward address (I just looked at their website and got lost)?
- Can an Obi (or PAP2T) be set up this way?
- Anything that might bite me with this?

My goal is to keep all the spammers, even those that call me from numbers I haven't added to my block list yet, from getting through. I know I'd have to keep the white list up to date, but since a real caller can still get through (by pressing 1) I hope it wouldn't be too intrusive.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
said by garys_2k:

•• If the CID is not on my white list tell them to press 1 to ring my phone or 2 to leave a voice mail.
- Does this sound reasonable and do-able?

That's how I have set up my NY phone number and it works excellent, it's a telemarketer's nightmare.

said by garys_2k:

- If so, what is Anveo's SIP forward address?

Just go to »www.anveo.com/inboundsip.asp and create the SIP address.
--
My VoIP News

garys_2k
Premium
Farmington, MI
Thanks, Arne, that'll handle the call forwarding to Anveo.

Now, if anyone knows how to have an Obi send outbound calls to one provider but accept inbound from another, I'd be ready to roll.

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:29
said by garys_2k:

... how to have an Obi send outbound calls to one provider but accept inbound from another ...

If you have no other constraints, just set up Callcentric as SP1 and Anveo as SP2. Set the Primary Line for the Phone port to SP1; you can still call on SP2 by dialing **2 before the number, and incoming calls from either provider will ring your phone.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
reply to garys_2k
said by garys_2k:

Remember that you will be using 'platform minutes'. Assuming you have the 'free' plan you will have 40 free minutes per day, after that it's 1.5 cents per minute.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

garys_2k
Premium
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to Stewart
said by Stewart:

said by garys_2k:

... how to have an Obi send outbound calls to one provider but accept inbound from another ...

If you have no other constraints, just set up Callcentric as SP1 and Anveo as SP2. Set the Primary Line for the Phone port to SP1; you can still call on SP2 by dialing **2 before the number, and incoming calls from either provider will ring your phone.

Thanks, I didn't realize that, very simple!

garys_2k
Premium
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to grand total
said by grand total:

said by garys_2k:

Remember that you will be using 'platform minutes'. Assuming you have the 'free' plan you will have 40 free minutes per day, after that it's 1.5 cents per minute.

So, hmmm, after that free 40 minutes of incoming (which we likely wouldn't exceed very often) we'll pay that plus CC's inbound charges. Good to know, I didn't realize that so I'll keep an eye on my Anveo balance.

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to garys_2k
What's the point in using CC at all in this setup? Why not just use Anveo directly for incoming and outgoing?

garys_2k
Premium
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
said by JoeSchmoe007:

What's the point in using CC at all in this setup? Why not just use Anveo directly for incoming and outgoing?

Backup and having "what works well" stability, that's the main thing.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by garys_2k:

You can have backup without using it all the time. All you will be doing is introducing another possible point of failure.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by grand total:

said by garys_2k:

You can have backup without using it all the time. All you will be doing is introducing another possible point of failure.

+1. This setup doesn't make any sense to me.