spc
Search similar:

uniqs

GeorgeBaily
@optonline.net

GeorgeBaily

Anon

[iO] This TV, channel 111, not showing up on New Channel Guide

I'm on the Woodbury system and received this channel in the overnight. However it does not show up on the new Onyx guide. The guide goes from 109 to 114. No 111. Thought a reboot would resolve this issue but..no. Anyone else having this problem?
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Re: [iO] This TV, channel 111, not showing up on New Channel Gui

Updates happen at around 3 AM for that type of change. It's there for me now (on SA Onyx), I'm guessing for you too.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to GeorgeBaily

to GeorgeBaily
must be another bug with new guide
never had that happen with old one
sometimes we would see channel in guide but no data for a day or two
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy to GeorgeBaily

MVM

to GeorgeBaily
The listings for the guide are done by ZAPtoIT and it is likely CV or ZAP just did not update it to add the new channel yet.
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to dm145

to dm145
said by dm145:

must be another bug with new guide
never had that happen with old one
sometimes we would see channel in guide but no data for a day or two

This wouldn't matter if SA/Samsung was on Onyx or not. The info comes from the same source regardless of software version.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

how did op know he got the new channel?
sounds like he may have the old guide on a least one of his other boxes where it does show up.

if so this would support my theory of issue with new guide not with the third party guide data provider.
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

It could be a Samsung vs SA issue (not Onyx vs SARA). It it could be that he read it was coming here (or elsewhere), and tuned to the channel. Granted, there are no more non-Onyx Samsung areas, so it's impossible to prove at this point, but all Samsung boxes would have the same guide data regardless of software version.

GeorgeBaily
@optonline.net

GeorgeBaily to dm145

Anon

to dm145
You are right, dm145. My wife noticed the new channel on our TV in the kitchen which has an SA box. The guide info was up and running on the old guide so I thought for a minute that it was a problem with the Samsung box in the den. Very glad to know that it wasn't.
GeorgeBaily

GeorgeBaily to GeorgeBaily

Anon

to GeorgeBaily
Info was there as of this morning. I turned to this forum because I haven't gotten used to the quirks of the new guide.

Thanks for the responses especially to frdrizzt. It's good to know that the updates happen around 3am.