Premium Member
join:2000-09-03
The Rock

Lagz to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall

Re: How to stay safe?

said by Nightfall:

Still some are out there that are better than the free products or nothing at all.

I have yet to find any that will protect against stupid.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by Lagz:

said by Nightfall:

Still some are out there that are better than the free products or nothing at all.

True, and what AVD says is true. When I read the OPs post, I didn't see what he had installed (if anything). If he is trying to protect against stupid using a crap piece of software, maybe a change to admin rights is in order or a change to the software. I know some products protect against stupid better than others. Trust me, I have tested some of them.

Lagz
Premium Member
join:2000-09-03
The Rock

1 recommendation

Lagz

Premium Member

said by Nightfall:

said by Lagz:

said by Nightfall:

I know some products protect against stupid better than others. Trust me, I have tested some of them.

I know a few people that would find a way to infect a toaster. They click OK for everything and install everything. Some people treat a computer like any other appliance or tool they might own. Turn it on and use it, then turn it off. I don't run any malware scanners or anti-virus software and haven't been infected in ages(1993'ish or so). I stopped running them about 6-7 years ago.

Their is a difference between most people and myself and that is I educated myself about the subject rather than filling my head full of the latest celebrity gossip. Don't get me wrong I don't recommend people not use anything to protect their computer, I'm just pointing out that some people just don't care about securing their computers.

»/nsear ··· t=remark

I generally recommend from our polls here. I currently recommend MSE for about the last year, but I previously recommended Avast and even prior to that I recommended AVG. Most people prefer free and frankly I haven't seen a difference in performance between free and paid.