spc
uniqs
camaroz
join:2002-10-23
Longwood, FL

camaroz to Guide_Tim

to Guide_Tim

Re: [Internet] Internet Speed Upgrades?

grandfathering really should mean you get something new for the old price. Kind of how with my Virgin Mobile phone I still get the $25/month I signed up at, while new signups pay more.

bhcustomer45
@bhn.net

bhcustomer45

Anon

Grandfathering means the old rule continues to apply to some situations while a new rule applies to everything going forward. Same price, same service as before. It doesn't mean you keep the same price and get free service upgrades. Using your cell phone example, I am on a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Same price per month I have always paid despite current data plans being more expensive. But it is for 3G service. I do not get a free upgrade to LTE on my grandfathered unlimited data plan.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to camaroz

Premium Member

to camaroz
said by camaroz:

grandfathering really should mean you get something new for the old price. Kind of how with my Virgin Mobile phone I still get the $25/month I signed up at, while new signups pay more.

No thats not what grandfathering means...sorry.
botld92z9
join:2006-07-14
Winter Springs, FL

botld92z9 to camaroz

to camaroz
said by camaroz:

If that was the case, folks grandfathered in on ATTs unlimited iPhone data plan would be paying the same price they were before but would now have a data cap.