said by uresponsible:
So...With that reasoning, I guess that Verizon should also replace the batteries in your remote when they go bad.
No!!! Very bad analogy.
1) The STB/DVR is still operable via the buttons.
2) Remote is a convince not an emergency necessity for summoning help.
3) It is not considered the same level of emergency device as a phone for calling 911.
4) STB/DVR control is taken over by the emergency system when they want to send out alerts and info.
5) It is not under the same regulations as phone service and 911 access.--
Be a Good Netizen - Read, Know & Complain About Overly Restrictive Tyrannical ISP ToS & AUP »comcast.net/terms/ »verizon.net/policies/
Say Thanks with a Tool Points Donation