join:2011-11-10
Brunswick, ME
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to mozerd

Re: [Equipment] Gigaset C610H Select Services . . . Again

said by mozerd:

said by DoctorStinky:

The base/handset and additional handset were purchased at the same time through Amazon's US site.

Just purchased a combo from VoIPsupply for $164
[C610A IP + C610H] .... will be getting the set mid of next week --- so will see how it goes. Stewart See Profile is responsible for this transaction .... I prefer the snom m9r but the value proposition stinks so I went with the gigaset.

Just to be clear, you purchased, in Canada, a C610A IP (base and included C610H handset), PLUS an additional C610H handset, for a total of $164 . . . correct? At least in the US, voipsupply has a $15 shipping charge; so was that the all-in price from voipsupply for a purchase made in Canada and shipped to a Canada address? When I plugged in those items and specified a Toronto shipping address, it added $22 in tax (only $8 for Montreal though) and the shipping was $59. Their shopping cart system may identify me as a US-based customer, though, so my results may not mirror yours.

The all-in price was $174 for the same items at Amazon US, delivered to a US address, because of the free shipping (Prime member, so "free" is debatable but I do get my money's worth ) and, at least for now, no tax.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

2 edits

said by DoctorStinky:

Just to be clear, you purchased, in Canada, a C610A IP (base and included C610H handset), PLUS an additional C610H handset, for a total of $164 . . . correct?

The all-in price was $174 for the same items at Amazon US, delivered to a US address, because of the free shipping (Prime member, so "free" is debatable but I do get my money's worth ) and, at least for now, no tax.

That is partially correct.
I did not purchase in Canada. I purchased from VoipSupply in Buffalo via their website at the price I stated in my message BUT and when they actually shipped the product I got a new adjusted Invoice that came to $158.18 + shipping of $59.00 = Total $217.18
and In addition I may also be liable for GST -- however, I've escaped paying the GST a number of times.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business