bemis

join:2008-07-18
Reading, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to denny20003

Re: My Network Setup

Thanks for the details

...the Bay Web T-stat looks pretty cool from what I've seen about them. I considered them specifically for my house because I love the idea of getting feedback about energy use as well as the occupancy monitors.

In the end, since I'm heat-only, I went with a basic (in comparison) 7-day programmable Honeywell. It works reasonably well, but I know it's less than ideal in terms of efficiency because my schedule is not that rigid, so it ends up running in the evenings when i'm not home.

denny20003

join:2004-12-21
Saint Charles, MO

The BayWeb thermostat is great! My only concern is that they stay in business and keep the web interface going. Otherwise, that will be a very expensive simple thermostat!
I like the Nest thermostats too. I wish the BayWeb had a wall mounted unit that looked as good as the Nest does. However, I will take a solid wired connection over a wireless connection anyway.

My next steps on this network will be a NAS solution that stores all my data and then convert all my computers to SSD drives and store the data on a central location. Any suggestions on a NAS solution?