spc
Search similar:

uniqs

enigma1944
join:2005-08-23
Pittsburgh, PA

enigma1944

[Northeast] Speed Upgrade

My 2 year contract expired and I currently have 35/35 speed and the ultimate tv with no phone. Do I need a new contract to upgrade speed to 75/35 and keep my current tv. Is a new router required to do this.

Thanks

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

said by enigma1944:

1. Do I need a new contract to upgrade speed to 75/35 and keep my current tv.
2. Is a new router required to do this.

1. Yes.
2. No. All Actiontec routers in current use will give you hardwired 75/35 performance. If you use wireless connections, a newer Rev.I router will improve your wireless performance if the wireless devices can accommodate the wireless-N standard.

VZ won't necessarily give you a new router just by asking. Look for all the topics and posts referencing Rev. I router. On one end of the spectrum, it is available for a fee. On the other end of the spectrum, you can get one free by bitching and moaning a lot, or by the luck of the draw when getting a replacement.

enigma1944
join:2005-08-23
Pittsburgh, PA

enigma1944

OK thanks for the info

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to enigma1944

Premium Member

to enigma1944
One cautionary note, if your not Ethernet and Gigabit ports, you may not get all the speed of the 75 tier has to offer.

I had to ( on my own dime ) get an Actiontech "G" so I would be Gigabit Ethernet on WAN and LAN, the difference was with the older 100mbit router, I was getting about 73mbit maximum, with the Gigabit Ethernet, getting the full 84mbit ( tier has fluff with Video ).

focuser
join:2001-05-12
Elmwood Park, NJ

focuser to enigma1944

to enigma1944
When I upgraded to 75/35 from 35/35, I requested a Rev.I router, and they shipped me one. I suppose it's just a matter of who you talk to.