no__1__here
Premium Member
join:2003-10-13
Tomball, TX

no__1__here to FF4m3

Premium Member

to FF4m3

Re: TSA Dumps Near-Naked Rapiscan Body Scanners

If I understand the article they are keeping the other full-body scanners made by the other company since it produces "cartoon-like stick figures". So radiation is still a go!

FF4m3
@rr.com

FF4m3

Anon

said by no__1__here:

If I understand the article they are keeping the other full-body scanners made by the other company since it produces "cartoon-like stick figures". So radiation is still a go!

Actually, the scanners' radiation turns people into "cartoon-like stick figures". Reality based TV horror show to follow.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

said by FF4m3 :

said by no__1__here:

Actually, the scanners' radiation turns people into "cartoon-like stick figures". Reality based TV horror show to follow.

I think you've got the point here...
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to no__1__here

Premium Member

to no__1__here
No, the ones TSA is keeping (millimeter wave) do not cause radiation problems. TSA has known this from the beginning but they wanted (were ordered?) to have 50% of each brand of scanner in the airports. Luckily, in Hawaii only the first airport (one of the very first in the nation) to get a scanner got the RapidScan. Honolulu, Maui, Hilo and Kona got the safe one.

cmaengdewd
@cox.net

cmaengdewd

Anon

said by Mele20:

No, the ones TSA is keeping (millimeter wave) do not cause radiation problems. TSA has known this from the beginning but they wanted (were ordered?) to have 50% of each brand of scanner in the airports. Luckily, in Hawaii only the first airport (one of the very first in the nation) to get a scanner got the RapidScan. Honolulu, Maui, Hilo and Kona got the safe one.

You should change that to "are not known to cause radiation problems". The Rapidwaves used X-Rays which are known to cause cancer, the MMW scanners like L-3 uses still emit radiation but at lower frequencies closer to that of a microwave oven. I have no doubt that they have a negative effect on health, just not as much as the X-Ray units.