spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Shawn_13
@swbell.net

Shawn_13

Anon

ATT Slow DSL speeds in the Dallas area?

Is anyone else having slowed DSL speeds? I have 3 Mbps service but live too far away from the pop so I typically see speeds of 1.5 - 2.2 Mbps. For the last 2 or 3 days I'm getting a pathetic speed tests of around 550-780k. Nothings has changed on my side of things.

I won't bother calling ATT as they never admit a problem, even when they have total outages reported here, their CS just plays dumb.

Guess I'm finally going have to cut the DSL cord an do with Charter Cable broadband at 30Mbps.

SteelersFan
join:2001-02-12
Rockwall, TX

SteelersFan

My DSL here in Rockwall was touch-and-go for awhile until I switched to UVerse Internet. Then I had to deal with 6 months of intermittent UVerse Service until they ran a homerun from the box to my specific line in the house. Now I'm getting 22mb regularly from speakeasy.net

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Shawn_13

MVM

to Shawn_13
said by Shawn_13 :

Is anyone else having slowed DSL speeds? I have 3 Mbps service but live too far away from the pop so I typically see speeds of 1.5 - 2.2 Mbps.

What is your modem reporting for margin and attenuation?

Shawn_13
@swbell.net

Shawn_13 to SteelersFan

Anon

to SteelersFan
it came back up on its own yeasterady afternnon. Speedtest.net reads 2.6 Mbps down, .4 up.

I too live in Rockwall. I would like to want Uverse but I've been hearing too many horror stories. I'll be checkng out Charter cable as we really need more bandwdith with all the net connected devices in the home. I know a few who have Charter for broadband and they are happy campers.