join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to icemannyr1

Re: [HD] Is Verizon lying about HD?

said by icemannyr1:

...Whatever Verizon's plans are it would be nice if they announce something with moving to MPEG4 or IPTV soon.

Unfortunately Verizon doesn't announce anything until it happens. They used to, always missed the dates, got burned for it, and stopped.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Not true actually, I saw a youtube video on Home Media Server like last year. LOL

Home Media Server is a fairly large change in architecture. Wouldnt it have been nice if any installs going forward were IPTV delivery for the new setup?

Does Uverse have cable cards for Tivo's?

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

2 edits

said by ITALIAN926:

Does Uverse have cable cards for Tivo's?

No. Tivos are not compatible with Uverse since it's all IPTV and doesn't use CableCARDs. I guess they could release a software client to run on the Tivo...

That might be a future problem on FIOS too if they roll out IPTV... unless they release Tivo compatible client software. Hmmm.... "TV Everywhere"

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to ITALIAN926

said by ITALIAN926:

Not true actually, I saw a youtube video on Home Media Server like last year. LOL

They announce something but do not give an implementation date. To me, "plans" includes dates; "future services" alone would not. Semantics.