spc
uniqs
JackBauer
join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer to PJL

to PJL

Re: Verizon FIOS Battery Backup

Talk to me in a year. You've had it one day.

I've had VOIP for probably ten years, and it's a love-hate relationship. Undoubtedly VZ would to a better job than 3rd party providers, and the features are an improvement (but still highly lacking with the 10 number block limit), but I'm very skeptical that DV actually will be better quality than FE.

Maybe I'm wrong - that does happen now and then.

And with respect to mathematics - I live in the lousy state of NY where they find the most insane ways to tax - just to waste it on some really insane programs... and I loathe it. My point is that paying a little bit more for assuring that I can use my fax machine, or that DTMF signals from my phone register properly with automated attendant systems, are worth a little bit of extra money. In NY it would probably be a lot more than $72/yr to be honest.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Jack, youre wrong on this one. Ive had DV over FiOS for about 3 years, not a single hiccup. You call Verizon for the switch, a few keystrokes and youre done. You might even be able to get into a new triple play promotion while youre at it.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude to JackBauer

Premium Member

to JackBauer
Fios DV is NOT a voio product like majicjack or others. Any comparison to the is strictly wrong. There have been enough discussions here on what the differences are.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to JackBauer

to JackBauer
said by JackBauer:

Talk to me in a year. You've had it one day.

I just put a reminder on my Outlooks. Back in a year.

Oh and did I mention that for three days in late December my POTS line could not make calls to certain numbers? Or when they were made either I could not hear the other party or they could not hear me? Some numbers worked, and some didn't. It was the entire POTS switch -- my neighbor had the same issue.
JackBauer
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer

Um just so you know - I don't hate DV. Actually I hate a part of it, the 10 number block limit. Other than that - when I finally get FIOS shortly, I would move to DV. Yeah, that's right, I would dump my current VOIP provider and move to DV knowing that it would be better quality. I won't do that however because I have like 30+ phone numbers blocked. I loathe telemarketers.

But for everyone who says it's better than POTS, I'm sure there are people out there that say the opposite...

»forums.verizon.com/t5/Ho ··· p/300501

And that's just one thread, I could have posted quite a few more.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Is your house line on Verizon or another companies VoIP? Now things are getting confusing. I rarely get any telemarketers being on the do-not-call list.
»www.donotcall.gov/

I couldnt imagine having to block 10 numbers, let alone 30.
JackBauer
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer

WRT telemarketers...

Everything from my college annual fund solicitation, to TWC trying to sell me their phone product, to political solicitations and fundraisers... To people who ignore DNC.

Heck I probably have more than 30. Once someone calls, I screen, search google, and block if needed. They never get through again.

I've actually left the country for ten days and came back to not a single call while I was gone.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by JackBauer:

WRT telemarketers...

Everything from my college annual fund solicitation, to TWC trying to sell me their phone product, to political solicitations and fundraisers... To people who ignore DNC.

Heck I probably have more than 30. Once someone calls, I screen, search google, and block if needed. They never get through again.

I've actually left the country for ten days and came back to not a single call while I was gone.

I think having your phone number unlisted for 26 years also helps, in addition to being on the Do Not Call list. I rarely get marketing calls.