join:2003-10-21
Long Island

1 recommendation

sailor to Dodge

Premium Member

to Dodge

Re: [rant] 2013 pathfinder

said by Dodge:

Since I hate when people start threads and then, when the problem is resolved they never post in it again, I bring you the conclusion to this exciting tale

The car has been fine for several weeks now. It was checked twice after the last repair and there is no evidence of any further leaks. Nissan consumer affairs actually surprised me and were more than reasonable in their handling of the case.

I've received full reimbursements for all related out of pocket expenses that were not covered by the dealership and they've added a few extras to the tune of lease payments, warranties and maintenance plans to keep me completely satisfied and no longer in the "F(*&K Nissan" state

What was really nice is that there were no arguments from their side, no trying to blame someone else or trying to weasel out of handling the case. Everyone I spoke to was

very polite, and not just fake polite like most customer relations agents, but actually helpful. They followed up on the dates that they said they would, and overall was a rather pleasant experience if you disregard what started it

Overall major kudos to Nissan consumer affairs.

Fin:)

Good to hear but need to ask what happened with the hard slamming of the hood in order for it to close properly?
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge

Premium Member

The hood was not adjusted properly when the dealership was changing the radiator, they fixed it in 5 minutes when I went back to check for leaks.

Emax04
@verizon.net

Emax04

Anon

Dodge. Any chance you can share the actual dealership? It looks like the exact same issue on my car. And I don't want a repeat. My dealership isn't aware of anything like this. If I can get the dealerships to communicate that might be helpful. Thanks.
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge

Premium Member

said by Emax04 :

Dodge. Any chance you can share the actual dealership? It looks like the exact same issue on my car. And I don't want a repeat. My dealership isn't aware of anything like this. If I can get the dealerships to communicate that might be helpful. Thanks.

The dealership that performed the repairs was Bay Ridge Nissan in Brooklyn, NY, but if your dealer just calls Nissan technet they are aware of the issue and will give them a list of parts they need for the repairs, I believe it's 3 parts that need replacing as part of this problem (assuming you have the same problem). If your dealership tells you that the transmission cooler hose fell off and they just put it back in place, do not take the car back until they call the technet and apply the actual fix.