share rss forum feed

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to JohnPaul

Re: [Express] Can't get DPC3008 setup as D3, need to buy new mod

said by JohnPaul:

After countless hours on the phone with Rogers, I have given up trying to get my Cisco DPC 3008 D3 modem set up as such. They will only activate it as a D2 modem.

I will most likely go to a Rogers store and buy one of their modems. What models are being offered? What's good, what's bad?

Thanks,
Paul.

The only modems sold in stores now is the Hitron. Crappy wireless gateway, but in bridge mode it should work just fine as a modem.

simon726

join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

said by yyzlhr See Profile
The only modems sold in stores now is the Hitron. Crappy wireless gateway, but in bridge mode it should work just fine as a modem.
[/BQUOTE :

You didn't forget the Cisco DPC3825. Like the Hitron, the Wireless gateway is "substandard".

Putting either the HiTron or the Cisco DPC3825 is preferred.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

said by simon726:

said by yyzlhr See Profile
[/BQUOTE :

You didn't forget the Cisco DPC3825. Like the Hitron, the Wireless gateway is "substandard".

Putting either the HiTron or the Cisco DPC3825 is preferred.

The DPC3825 is not technically sold in store. You can buy one from the rental pool if you want, but it costs more to do that then to buy a retail packaged Hitron.