Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aztr0

join:2007-10-28
Brooklyn, NY
reply to root

Re: [OOL] Wanting to change internet

Yes officially 15. Reality, I got 21 and this was since a few years ago when I got the D3 modem until December 2012. We can all argue about what number it is officially or what numbers you each get individually, but from my personal experience, I got 21 down w/o Boost "Plus".

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

in most areas they cut basic back from 21 to 18
my guess is to try and sell boost plus while still providing above advertised speeds

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

It'd be better if the regular tier was bumped up to Boost Classic speeds of 30/5.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by kickass69:

It'd be better if the regular tier was bumped up to Boost Classic speeds of 30/5.

but then the incentive to pay for boost plus wold be gone, for most

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
reply to kickass69

said by kickass69:

This would require the use of D3 modems (since it pushing the limits of a D2 Single Channel Modem). Right now, Standard Tier can be supported by D2 modems (although I think that all new customers are supplied with D3 modems and anyone with a SB4100 can get a free swap to a SB5200 or a D3 modem since the SB4100 does not fully support the full Standard Tier speeds [it can not do over 10Mbs]).

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

I don't think they'll do a swap, but they will loan you a new modem at no cost for as long as you keep service. You would get to keep the modem you bought and get whatever they loan you as a 2nd modem in the house - basically, you can keep your paperweight D1 modem.

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

said by frdrizzt:

I don't think they'll do a swap, but they will loan you a new modem at no cost for as long as you keep service. You would get to keep the modem you bought and get whatever they loan you as a 2nd modem in the house - basically, you can keep your paperweight D1 modem.

When I said "swap" I was assuming that the SB4100 was a CV supplied modem that was never replaced when they bumped Standard Tier to 15/2 (you had to ask when that occurred since the modem replacement was not automatic).

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to dm145

This is the way I envision it.

Regular Tier - Current: 15/2 Proposed: 30/5
Boost Plus - Current: 50/8 Proposed: 70/10

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
reply to jackishere

Speeds are a crapshoot.

When they're good, they're very good. When they're bad, they're horrid.

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to kickass69

said by kickass69:

This is the way I envision it.

Regular Tier - Current: 15/2 Proposed: 30/5
Boost Plus - Current: 50/8 Proposed: 70/10

I like your vision! If only CV agreed...

yep2measo

@optonline.net
reply to jackishere

well this is what im getting right now.

it's not usually like this, only been happening the past weeks.
OOL may be inconsistent sometimes.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

said by yep2measo :

well this is what im getting right now.

Did they say they would come out and fix it?
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.