how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to d4m1r

Re: How does TSI offer unlimited?

People pay extra for unlimited far more than what it costs Teksavvy. So Teksavvy makes more money off the people on unlimited than they do the people with a 300 gigabyte a month cap. It's as simple as that. Take a look at other countries everything is already unlimited as bandwidth is virtually free in the year 2013.

d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by ChuckcZar :

People pay extra for unlimited far more than what it costs Teksavvy. So Teksavvy makes more money off the people on unlimited than they do the people with a 300 gigabyte a month cap. It's as simple as that. Take a look at other countries everything is already unlimited as bandwidth is virtually free in the year 2013.

1) Not in all cases. Look at the example I provide....If someone downloads/uploads 5TB for even 1 month on the unlimited or even 300GB plan (because no tracking tool), I guarantee you TSI is losing money...My question was, given this risk, why did they decide to continue to offer unlimited packages (specifically about cable), given the current high capacity costs they have to pay...

2) While underneath it might not cost much to the big 3 and others than provide capacity to TSI, they charge TSI a fixed rate and TSI has to pay it. THAT is the problem. So for them, it is far from free and quite the opposite, it can be very expensive (and therefore risky).
--
www.613websites.com Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting