share rss forum feed

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:10

2 edits

[TV] Basic Digital: TSN CH26

Is TSN no longer available for Basic Digital Cable subscribers on channel 26? When was this change made? I noticed it's available on 406 in SD however.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:2

Re: [TV] Basic Digital: HDTSN CH26

TSN is not available on basic at all except for certain regions. HD TSN is not available in any tier package at all, it's part of the HD specialty pack.

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN
reply to Dustyn

Click for full size
I checked my Rogers services and I have "Basic Cable" with a Digital Box. I always used to get TSN through ch26. I don't remember if it was in HD or not. Now 26 says HDTSN and I must order it in order to watch it. I do get access to it on ch 406. What am I missing here? Did they move HDTSN TO ch26 and SDTSN to 406? Is this what happened? I used to have Rogers Digital VIP package but that was canceled years ago in favor or Basic Digital Cable.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

HD TSN is not in ANY tier package regardless of location, it is only part of the HD specialty pack. TSN SD is also not part of digital basic unless you live in a few select areas. Right now TSN HD is on free preview for those who subscribe to a tier that includes TSN. Because TSN is generally not included in the basic tier, I think those who get TSN in basic for living in those select areas got left out of the free preview. Also, Rogers has re-configured channel 26 to "auto-HD" to ensure that customers are re-directed to the HD feed during the free preview. Since you're not receiving the free preview, it tells you to call in to subscribe. Once the free preview is over, I suspect 26 will be re-mapped back to the SD feed.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

I wonder if this will change at all with the Leafs being co-owned by Bell/Rogers...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN
reply to yyzlhr

What are the few select areas in Ontario?
All I know is I have TSN...and I've always had it... it's just no longer on 26 but on 406.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

I don't know for sure, but I believe there are several small pockets around the ottawa region that get TSN in basic, but it's generally not included in the basic tier. If you look at rogers.com TSN is not included in the basic tier.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:12
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Dustyn

Re: [TV] Basic Digital: TSN CH26

I noticed a couple months ago that Rogers were sending TSN HD programming out on Channel 26 but were squashing it horizontally to make it fit 4:3 ... the result was tall skinny people and oval curling rings! They seem to have got the message and fixed it.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON

2 edits

said by sbrook:

I noticed a couple months ago that Rogers were sending TSN HD programming out on Channel 26 but were squashing it horizontally to make it fit 4:3 ... the result was tall skinny people and oval curling rings! They seem to have got the message and fixed it.

Yea, that's called "Digital Zoom". It's an option on digital to analog converters to "center cut" the digital picture format and enhancing it to full 4:3 screen size while eliminating the "letterbox bars"..

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

i noticed my parents had cable plus, and now have tsnHD instead of tsn SD, plus they turned on the auto hd feature, pretty neat eh? before if u wanted tsn hd u needed to get the supersports pack or something, which included some useless channels like espn classic, college football, goal tv, etc.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

said by Paolo:

i noticed my parents had cable plus, and now have tsnHD instead of tsn SD, plus they turned on the auto hd feature, pretty neat eh? before if u wanted tsn hd u needed to get the supersports pack or something, which included some useless channels like espn classic, college football, goal tv, etc.

It's a free preview. They won't have it after April 30th.