how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dstepp

join:2013-01-19
Brandon, FL

[Tampa] Roadrunner Turbo speeds hitting record lows

I have had issues with my Roadrunner service hitting as low as 2Mbps and kicking me off sites - I have had 2 techs out to investigate, both say I have plenty of speed through the modem when they test it, but my problem is still there. I am very frustrated. All seemed fine until mid December 2012. I have purchased a new router this week, thinking perhaps mine was outdated or unable to handle the devices we have, but even the Cisco E4200v2 cannot help, it seems. I got a printout of speeds to one websites server, showing a severe degree of fluctuation in speeds to their servers, but when I showed it to the tech, he had no idea what that meant. Any advice??

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Try doing speed tests through a wired Connection. Wifi signals are just so buggy with fluctuating speed due to distance, and wifi signal congestion in your area.
--
Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

dstepp

Brandon, FL
thank you - I did that as well. I have no idea where to go with this one

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
Well shoot maybe Gary BHNTechXpert can shed some light on this , he can check your modem and check your signals for you and assist you further Please include your IP address so he can check please post in the direct forums
»Bright House Networks Direct
--
Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

dstepp

Brandon, FL
Thanks - I am doing that

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL