share rss forum feed

funny0

join:2010-12-22

1 edit
reply to Pampers

Re: Thinking of changing from Bell to Teksavvy

said by Pampers:

Hi,

I am currently on the old Bell DSL 5 MBit unlimited plan that was grandfathered in. I don't get any throttling of torrents or anything else.

However, I'm a 'Youtube head'. I get buffering and hickups. I can no stream in HD most of the time unless I buffer. It's an ongoing frustration.

Youtube reports that I'm well below my ISP and even city at 4.66 MBits average. I read this is NOT enough to stream in most situations. It also lets me know that Bell isn't throttling me.

»www.youtube.com/my_speed

My bill is $80 total a month for dry loop DSL including taxes etc.

I was curious what others would advise me to do.

Thanks!

i have the 6 megabit un limited , with dry loop and static i pay about 60$ a month with taxes...
and i also get youtube issues so its a dsl issue with bell/teksavvy

i get them even form the cbc videos as soon as i do any thing else while watching any streamed video, the sound gets all weird and video goes choppy....but i dont stream very often so i dont care if i cant then ill just have to download something

edit note one user said its a flash issue and that i can prolly say is the issue....cause i ONLY Notice this issue when i try and use any other apps ...ya know god forbid we multi- task while listening/viewing the cbc

Pampers

join:2013-01-18
What's funny is that I've called Bell through the last couple of years on repeated intermittent connectivity issues (turned out to be line burial issue into house)... but I always asked if 'other users ever called to complained about Youtube buffering etc'.'

Each time they said not often or very rarely and I should be able to watch..

Then there are many here that don't have an issue.

Actually, let me take a screen shot of what Youtube says about my connection speed: