how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ryun

join:2013-01-19
Mckinleyville, CA

[Connectivity] Phone and Internet dropout - Slow speed

So I'm here in Mckinleyville, CA and use suddenlink's 30mb service. But right now I'm lucky if I get a solid connection at all, it might spike up to around 25mb for a literally a second then drop down to .03mb or drop the connection completely. when I run a ping test I have about 38-50% packet loss... I have had over 5 techs come out, they even checked the main feed coming to my house. Nothing has ever been solved..any help or information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, ryun

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2

Have the techs told you anything that was the issue? If the problem is past your drop and on the plant, the techs that come to your house don't work on that, they put in another ticket to other engineers.

ryun

join:2013-01-19
Mckinleyville, CA

One tech submitted a ticket for the lines, they came checked no resolution.. And now the cust service issued a workorder for reworking thelines in my neighborhood. The funny thing is cust dervice didnt even show thst anyone came out to work on them...

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Now you are entering the grey area where the CS phone people don't have communication with the plant guys and no one knows what is going on.

Try getting a hold of Pete Abel in the approved SL reps link and seeing if he can help elevate the issue for you.

jdmm72

join:2002-02-12
Nitro, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to ryun

Yeah, I agree Pete Abel is your best bet. What you need is to work it out with the local plant, but the only way that will happen is for Pete to intervene, as the phone people will just keep submitting trouble tickets to troubleshoot your house. I had everything in my house replaced multiple times before they would consider that it was their problem.