Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Gone Fishing

Re: [Info] Windows 8 Pricing Goes Back to Normal

I wouldn't be staring into Windows 8 right now if not for the fact I scored it for 16 bucks.

Yes SIXTEEN bucks. My buddy went and got it and liked t so I decided ok 16 bucks is as he said virtually impossible to ignore.

I don't hate anything about 8, and I don't hate anything about 7. But it is inevitable, that an OS takes a long time to update/patch after installing.

7 is today a tedium I was ok with parting with. The update/patch portion was just not worth avoiding 16 bucks.

But 200 bucks? Ok come on, there is nothing THAT painful about finding a few drivers.

I would be getting Windows 8 only through force via a totally new system like a new laptop before I'd pay 200 bucks for it.

I can't picture ANY version of Windows worth 200 bucks since I have been using a computer.

Anyone that really has to pay for anything will have either already bought it, or won't be interested.

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Sukunai:

I wouldn't be staring into Windows 8 right now if not for the fact I scored it for 16 bucks.

Yes SIXTEEN bucks. My buddy went and got it and liked t so I decided ok 16 bucks is as he said virtually impossible to ignore.

I don't hate anything about 8, and I don't hate anything about 7. But it is inevitable, that an OS takes a long time to update/patch after installing.

7 is today a tedium I was ok with parting with. The update/patch portion was just not worth avoiding 16 bucks.

But 200 bucks? Ok come on, there is nothing THAT painful about finding a few drivers.

I would be getting Windows 8 only through force via a totally new system like a new laptop before I'd pay 200 bucks for it.

I can't picture ANY version of Windows worth 200 bucks since I have been using a computer.

Anyone that really has to pay for anything will have either already bought it, or won't be interested.

For me 8 is 100% free. I run it on my work PC just to keep up with the new.

I COULD run it at home if I wanted.

At home I am sticking with Windows 7 as there is nothing in 8 that windows 7 doesn't give me.

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

Joey1973

@verizon.net
reply to Sukunai

said by Sukunai:

So, basically, anyone who does buy it after the date will be part of the captive-gotta-have-it crowd, eh. (I guess that's one way to "increase" sales... though not enough to make up for everyone who won't be buying it because of the "normal" price.) For $200 I got my sister a Chromebook, specifically because it doesn't have Win8.