What part of Durham are you in?

ncted

join:2010-10-25
Raleigh, NC
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by MrBungle87:

North of 70 near Miami/Mineral Springs. I got the news that we will be getting the new higher speed service "soon." Right now we are stuck at the original ADSL speeds in my neighborhood. Time Warner Cable is really annoying me, so I will likely try the new Frontier service when it arrives.

Ted

MrBungle87

join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Time Warner Cable
said by ncted:

said by MrBungle87:

North of 70 near Miami/Mineral Springs. I got the news that we will be getting the new higher speed service "soon." Right now we are stuck at the original ADSL speeds in my neighborhood. Time Warner Cable is really annoying me, so I will likely try the new Frontier service when it arrives.

Ted

Well, if it's any consolation, we were just upgraded to VDSL2 (25 down/2 up) the other day in west Durham, near I-85. Apparently, most if not all of the COs in the Raleigh/Durham area are VDSL2 capable now, so it's just a matter of them actually telling you whether you're eligible for VDSL2 or bonded ADSL2+. I'm less than a mile from the CO, so we were able to get 25/2 without any bonding necessary, but it's just distance dependent.

I would suggest contacting the GM for North Carolina at Dennis.Bloss@ftr.com and asking him what you're eligible for. The call center reps probably won't know, since it's new technology for Frontier.