share rss forum feed

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to KoRnGtL15

Re: Charter Tech Willing To Help Those In Need

said by KoRnGtL15:

Nice gesture. Last I heard though. You can get fired from doing this and its not allowed according to Charter rules.

Yes,
I have heard that also and it is VERY sad what employers can get away with now a days.

Where my kid just got hired into, they test if you smoke even and won't hire you if you do. Personally, that just takes anyway any basic rights you had right there. I can understand not smoking there and in public places, etc., but to not hire you and they can fire you, because you smoke on your own time is just absurd!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

anhisr

join:2001-12-01
Ballwin, MO

If a company can show that their health insurance rates will be lower that is how they justify it.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

said by anhisr:

If a company can show that their health insurance rates will be lower that is how they justify it.

Yes,
I know what their reasoning is for that, but then they should just deduct more from that individuals pay for insurance, not try to tell them what they can do on their own time!!

As horseathalt7 said:
"I also want to thank you and all the other Umatter2Charter team for all the excellent assistance in solving problems. Your presence as a member of that team will be GREATLY missed by all of us who subscribe to Charter."

I agree with that also. One of the very few bright spots Charter ever had!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter

said by cork1958:

said by anhisr:

Yes,
I know what their reasoning is for that, but then they should just deduct more from that individuals pay for insurance, not try to tell them what they can do on their own time!!

As horseathalt7 said:
"I also want to thank you and all the other Umatter2Charter team for all the excellent assistance in solving problems. Your presence as a member of that team will be GREATLY missed by all of us who subscribe to Charter."

I agree with that also. One of the very few bright spots Charter ever had!

It's more than just the insurance rates. Smokers tend to be sick more often and most don't just smoke on their free time (ie: when not at work).

At a time when all companies are trying to cut cost and with the number of people available for any given position, they can pretty much use any criteria for selection that they want.
--
Google is your Friend