andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to LegendaryATM

MVM

to LegendaryATM

Re: HBOGO on SAMSUNG SMART TV's

Comcast blocks HBOGO from TV-connected devices. They want to protect their video subscriber base and not get people used to watching HBO through the Internet.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

Comcast does support the XBOX 360 version on HBO GO and not the Samsung or Roku versions.
mariod
join:2009-06-16

mariod to andyross

to andyross
said by andyross:

Comcast blocks HBOGO from TV-connected devices. They want to protect their video subscriber base and not get people used to watching HBO through the Internet.

This answer makes no sense at all.

HBOGo is only available to the video subscriber base.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

said by mariod:

said by andyross:

Yes, but they don't want you to use it on your TV and watch stuff that isn't linear or through OnDemand. They only want you to see substandard quality stuff on an iPad or similar.
mariod
join:2009-06-16

mariod

The whole X1 movement disproves that argument. They're trying to get the internet onto your tv.

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84

Premium Member

said by mariod:

The whole X1 movement disproves that argument. They're trying to get the internet onto your tv.

I own the X1 and the only apps I have are like Facebook, weather, sports, and traffic. None of them are video content apps
RalphKramden
join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA

RalphKramden to andyross

to andyross
said by andyross:

said by mariod:

said by andyross:

Yes, but they don't want you to use it on your TV and watch stuff that isn't linear or through OnDemand. They only want you to see substandard quality stuff on an iPad or similar.

Your opinion or documented fact?

Streetlight
join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

Streetlight to andyross

to andyross
I have a Dell laptop with a Nvidia GPU and HDMI output. I have connected this to my HDTV and looked at an HBO Go movie and found it to be of high quality - at least as good as I see using my HD DVR cable box. The stream to the computer was WiFi 802.11n. Not all laptops are this capable, but I found the experience to be excellent.