All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2 to AgentPhish

to AgentPhish

Re: Please help my 80 year old grandparents with uverse

I believe Tier 2 can help you, try 866-329-2662, its no where near the wait time of that 2020 #
AgentPhish
join:2003-04-02
Santa Clara, CA

AgentPhish

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll be giving a call and trying to figure this out tomorrow.
AgentPhish

AgentPhish to UverseTech2

to UverseTech2
Well.... if this is your tier 2 support I'd very much dislike working for your company. I simply began to explain that I was calling on behalf of my 85 year old grandfather who doesn't understand any of this, and as of this summer had DSL...

The woman immediately cut me off and said, "I'm not DSL support, I can't help with that"

I said, "That was simply incredibly rude. I was in the middle of explaining why I called and you cut me off mid sentence and said you could not help. Do you understand how that feels to me?"

She said, "Well i'm not DSL support"

I said, "Well I am calling about uverse but you need this information for you to actually solve my problem, but since it seems like you're not willing to act like a customer service agent and listen to a customer I will just try calling back to speak to someone else"

She said, "I'm trying to assist you sir" "Clearly you're not." I said.

Not my first poor interaction with someone at AT&T (wireless previously) so I can't say I'm surprised.

I do what she does for a living but with customers in person. I would NEVER be caught dead behaving like this.
AgentPhish

AgentPhish to UverseTech2

to UverseTech2
Thanks for that number, took 3 calls to get someone who would actually listen and help me.
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

That's not too bad sometimes it took me more than that , I called it dialing for dummies

If you get the clowns in the Philippines just hang up and call back, they are just script readers and poor at that.
AgentPhish
join:2003-04-02
Santa Clara, CA

AgentPhish

So I got it sorted, but they were incapable of explaining the following:

- Why this secondary account was created when my grandparents have no idea it exists
- Why couldn't they just use their original email.
- Why couldn't I reset the password for the original email via the web site even when it ended up that I had the right credentials to do so.

They ended up resetting the password for me manually on their end, then after that I could reset it on my own, which I found really odd. Then after setting it up on my iPhone once as an "Other..." Acccount type, it locked me out again completely via web or phone, until I tried setting it up as a standard Yahoo account on my phone as a test, then suddenly I could get into the web interface and the phone and they were getting messages on their PC.

It's like their account was stuck in purgatory someplace.

This is why I don't do business with AT&T personally.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS

MVM

said by AgentPhish:

So I got it sorted, but they were incapable of explaining the following:

- Why this secondary account was created when my grandparents have no idea it exists

Already explained. When setting up a new U-verse account, there is an option presented to either get a new AT&T email address, or use an existing account. Their new account was set up with the first option instead of the second option.

- Why couldn't they just use their original email.

They could have. I was able to set up a friend so she kept her original AT&T Worldnet email address; and this was before U-verse was widely available (she was going from "AT&T Worldnet" dial-up to the then brand new. "at&t Yahoo! HSI" service).

- Why couldn't I reset the password for the original email via the web site even when it ended up that I had the right credentials to do so.

Did you log in at, 'mail.yahoo.com'? Once the new account was in place, the old account was converted to a free, Yahoo! Mail account.

This is why I don't do business with AT&T personally.

While I no longer do business with them, I have set up four accounts over the years, and never had trouble getting the desired account configuration.