spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Krack

@bell.ca

How can I flood my NAT table?

Hello for testing purposes I would like to somehow flood my NAT table on my router...

I have Netgear WNDR3700 router, with DD-WRT firmware on it.

by default this router allows 4096 maximum simultaneous connections. I checked that at www.smallnetbuilder.com

Is there a way to max out all the connections with some sort of software?

People have suggested that downloading lots of bittorret movies will do the trick by opening lots of connections to the router. However, even with 10 movies up downloading I only get to about 1422 connections.... I know this because DD-WRT firmware allows you too see maximum simultaneous connections that you have on the admin page...

Can someone help me out?

thanks.

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
nmap? I don't know offhand what options you would need to use, but some kind of TCP syn scan with -T5 should open a lot of connections. Also, nmap will purposely limit the number of concurrent open connections by default; I believe there's an option to override that as well.

Naturally you might want to be careful choosing your target, as a large scale scan like this tends to attract attention. Consider placing your own target on the WAN.
--
db

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to Krack
iperf or it's Window's variant xjperf. You can set a number of simultaneous connections to test with, and as clarknova See Profile
says, off your ISP's network and ISP's attention.

Regards