how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

markw

@suddenlink.net

[Digital TV] HD Channels over QAM tuner after Downgrading to Dat

I am in Greenville NC.

My condominium is dropping the included basic cable tv on March 1st. I am considering keeping my cable internet and dropping tv service. I wondered what if any HD tv channels I would get if I hooked the coaxial cable directly to my tv or purchased the hd Homerun device and linked it with my windows 8 media center.

I heard mention of a "trap" that when you switch to cable only that disables being able to get HD channels over the "CatTv" option over the QAM tuner on my tv. Right now while I have all the services I am able to get the major networks like channel 102 for HD broadcast.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:3

Re: [Digital TV] HD Channels over QAM tuner after Downgrading to

They put a trap on your line when you cancel your video subscription and go internet online. Blocks all video to your house.

Brigrat

join:2003-09-01
Lake Charles, LA
reply to markw
I'd give it a shot, you never know. I've been lucky in the past.

sj

join:2007-08-21
Winterville, NC
reply to markw
The trap never blocked HD QAM for me. Blocked literally everything else, but somehow those slipped through. The trap was from 2003 though... I'm sure they've changed what they install since then.

plk
Premium
join:2002-04-20
united state
reply to markw
When you connect your homerun and windows media center, be sure to go to guide add channels manually. Sometimes you will find the local channels on weird channels that are open.