join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Dustyn

Re: [TV] Basic Digital: TSN CH26

I noticed a couple months ago that Rogers were sending TSN HD programming out on Channel 26 but were squashing it horizontally to make it fit 4:3 ... the result was tall skinny people and oval curling rings! They seem to have got the message and fixed it.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

2 edits

said by sbrook:

I noticed a couple months ago that Rogers were sending TSN HD programming out on Channel 26 but were squashing it horizontally to make it fit 4:3 ... the result was tall skinny people and oval curling rings! They seem to have got the message and fixed it.

Yea, that's called "Digital Zoom". It's an option on digital to analog converters to "center cut" the digital picture format and enhancing it to full 4:3 screen size while eliminating the "letterbox bars"..

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

i noticed my parents had cable plus, and now have tsnHD instead of tsn SD, plus they turned on the auto hd feature, pretty neat eh? before if u wanted tsn hd u needed to get the supersports pack or something, which included some useless channels like espn classic, college football, goal tv, etc.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

said by Paolo:

i noticed my parents had cable plus, and now have tsnHD instead of tsn SD, plus they turned on the auto hd feature, pretty neat eh? before if u wanted tsn hd u needed to get the supersports pack or something, which included some useless channels like espn classic, college football, goal tv, etc.

It's a free preview. They won't have it after April 30th.