join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to KeysCapt

Re: search certified toolbar

I presume that none of the suggested ways worked for you?

follow these steps:
1. Uninstall Certified Toolbar from your computer: For that, click 'Start menu' -> 'Control Panel' -> 'Uninstall a Program' or 'Add/Remove Programs' and choose 'Uninstall' button if you see the certified toolbar in the list.
2. Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from your browsers:
Internet Explorer:
Open IE -> Tools -> Internet Option -> General tab.Enter Google or other address to make it the default start page.
Mozilla Firefox:
Open Mozilla Firefox, go to Tools -> Options -> General -> Startup. Now select 'Show a blank page' when Firefox Starts or set a certain website, like Google or similar.
Google Chrome:
Open Google Chrome, click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'. Change search engine to google or other and delete Certified toolbar from the list. Then Go to section On start and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.
Additionally, we recommend running a full system scan with reputable anti-spyware if you haven't installed Certified Toolbar by yourself.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

KeysCapt
FAQ Master
join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV
kudos:1

You presume correctly.

All of those steps were unsuccessful. I get the impression that maybe this thing has been altered since those steps were posted since it never showed up either in any browser add-on area or in the Windows remove program dialogue.