Search similar:

uniqs
Hokie51
join:2003-05-11
Ashland, KY

2 edits

Hokie51

Problems dialing out with a Motorola SBV5220

I just signed up for Roadrunner Internet and phone service. The installer hooked up a Motorola SBV 5220 digital voice modem. Everything works fine except for an AT&T 2 line speaker phone that I had bought recently. All the other phones work.

I had it hooked to line 1 and it worked fine on my previous telephone service. On the new service the phone will not dial out on line 1. I get a dial tone but it will not dial properly. I tried the phone in a different jack and even plugged directly into the modem and it would not work. I tried the line 2 input and it works fine. I thought maybe the phone had failed so I took it next door on my neighbors telephone service and it works on either line.

Has anyone ever seen phones that do not work well with cable modems? I may call RR and have them swap out the modem to see if that fixes it.
Hokie51

Hokie51

I contacted AT&T and they will send me a new phone. I am 90% convinced that the issue is the phone and not the modem. I will update this thread after I receive the new phone.
Hokie51

Hokie51

My guess was correct. The new phone worked fine.