join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum

1 edit

Kosh to Metal Head

Premium Member

to Metal Head

Re: Kim Dotcom's New Mega Service

Click for full size
Yeah, it took a few reloads but it did come up. Just registered an account. The site advises against my browser (Palemoon 15.4) because of HTML5 support.

(edit: added screenshot) Has a distinct Dropbox-y feel to it, but is said to be more secure because of encryption. I won't upload anything for a while to avoid slamming them.
AndrewW
join:2009-03-07
Toronto, ON

AndrewW

said by Kosh:

Yeah, it took a few reloads but it did come up. Just registered an account. The site advises against my browser (Palemoon 15.4) because of HTML5 support.

(edit: added screenshot) Has a distinct Dropbox-y feel to it, but is said to be more secure because of encryption. I won't upload anything for a while to avoid slamming them.

Which website are you using? When I check mega.co.nz here »www.websitedown.info/mega.co.zn , it tells me that the site is down for everyone.

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium Member
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum

Kosh

Premium Member

I used mega.co.nz. The issue right now is just very high demand, so access is going to be intermittent. They just weren't ready for the demand. Probably should have spent more money on server capacity and less on the Opening ceremony! (I liked the Maori singers though).
AndrewW
join:2009-03-07
Toronto, ON

AndrewW

Eureka! Success at last! After a couple of dozen tries, I finally managed to get through to the Mega site and register an account.

Now I would like to know how exactly do they collect “entropy from your mouse movements and keystroke timings”?

BTW, I enjoyed the singers as well!