how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

atye

join:2013-01-20
Carmel, IN

[Indy] New lightning install issues

Just had lightning installed yesterday. I wanted to just have a modem hooked up to my new router (NETGEAR WNDR3700), but was told I had to take the modem and wireless all in one. The tech told me it would be ok to hook up the modem to my Netgear though. The problem is that if I use the Netgear for wifi the speed is about the same as I got before the upgrade. When I connect using the ubee wifi it's way faster. I don't get it. There are features on the Netgear I really need that the ubee doesn't have. How can I get the speed that I'm paying for through my Netgear router?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146

I also received your direct forums request btw...but anyway....first thing is to make sure you have the latest firmware for that 3700. Also make sure you are connecting via wireless N and not something else. Get back to me once you have verified those two things.

atye

join:2013-01-20
Carmel, IN

I've answered this in the direct forum thread. Thanks!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to atye

And for those wondering we bridged his modem so he could use his own router.

sambowomble
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium
join:2009-11-23
Murfreesboro, TN
reply to atye

Check your wireless speed in your router too. Since I have the same router and the default is set to 54Mbps (at least it was for me), crank up the speed if you have more than one device. I had this issue a few days ago and this fixed it.

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert........I for one really appreciate your Post back into this General Forum regarding the Outcome of a Direct Post letting us know what was done\the cause. I realize there are Posts that need the secure Forum to handle the issue. This Forum is an information and learning Forum and there are many Posts that now go into the DD that many would like to know the Outcome......Thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Cisco Kid :

BHNtechXpert........I for one really appreciate your Post back into this General Forum regarding the Outcome of a Direct Post letting us know what was done\the cause. I realize there are Posts that need the secure Forum to handle the issue. This Forum is an information and learning Forum and there are many Posts that now go into the DD that many would like to know the Outcome......Thanks

I will only do that when I can...otherwise it needs to come from the original poster...please understand that...in this case nothing was specific to him from a solution standpoint so I went ahead and updated....but if you don't see that its not because something was hidden...just that the OP didn't update it.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~