share rss forum feed

Bornloser

join:2002-09-04
Alliance, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to CylonRed

Re: Dish washer arms not spinning

By the looks of your picture, I'd be willing to bet that you are either on very hard water or are using the gel detergent. If your are using the gel, STOP. The stuff is crap and that is the end result from prolonged use. I see it just about every day.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

We have very hard water... I have used gels before and have some now but still trying to find a detergent I like.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by CylonRed:

still trying to find a detergent I like.

You want this - Note price is for a case of 6 -
»www.restockit.com/cascade-automa···pg).html

Bruschi
Premium
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod
kudos:1

said by Bob4:

said by CylonRed:

still trying to find a detergent I like.

You want this - Note price is for a case of 6 -
»www.restockit.com/cascade-automa···pg).html

Negative. Add a teaspoon of this in your wash cycle. »www.lowes.com/pd_124762-68-63004_0__
--
Professional student pilot!

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

said by Bruschi:

Negative. Add a teaspoon of this in your wash cycle. »www.lowes.com/pd_124762-68-63004_0__

To clean the dishes, or to clean the dishwasher itself?

Bruschi
Premium
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod

To clean the dishes!

alkizmo

Pierrefonds, QC

said by Bruschi:

To clean the dishes!

Nothing I can toss in there to clean the dishwasher itself?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

Vinegar. CLR or read the manual and see what it suggests.... I have not seen a manual for a dishwasher that did not have a suggestion for cleaning the inside of the dishwasher.

There is also the other citric cleaner mentioned on page 2 as well.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
reply to alkizmo

said by alkizmo:

said by Bruschi:

To clean the dishes!

Nothing I can toss in there to clean the dishwasher itself?

Already posted it twice. It cleans the dishwasher.

alkizmo

Pierrefonds, QC

said by robbin:

Already posted it twice. It cleans the dishwasher.

I was just hoping for something purchasable locally

I wonder, are all citric acid powders made the same?
»www.homedepot.ca/product/epoxy-s···h/968976

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

No - it is not the same: "Prepares concrete for painting and staining. Citric acid powder is safer than muriatic acid"

There are a ton of cleaners - just because he had a link to one does not mean the same thing is not available locally. Just look in the grocery store where the cleaners are sold...
--
Brian

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2

said by CylonRed:

No - it is not the same: "Prepares concrete for painting and staining. Citric acid powder is safer than muriatic acid"

Chemicals can have many different and perfectly acceptable uses. I have muriatic acid that I bought at Lowes that's labeled for etching concrete -- that I use in our swimming pool to lower the pH level. I have phosphoric acid here at work that's for cleaning concrete, stone, etc that we use for cleaning stainless steel (per our chemist's recommendation).

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

I do understand that but personally - if the product does not mention using it for that and it etches things - I am wary of using it in the application. To know for sure they would have to check the strength of the 2 products to see how different they are.

The muriatic acid would very likely be far more diluted than the citric acid in a dishwasher which has a lot less water.

If he wants to get the 'same thing' as the product robbin linked to - then he needs to find the same type of product for the use it is intended - imho.
--
Brian