how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jeffworn

join:2007-12-11
Fredericksburg, VA

What's going on in N.Virginia??

Been having packet loss rendering my DSL connection virtually unusable. After numerous calls to tech spt, telling me my line is fine. Tech spt came out indicated they checked the line from the central office and is fine. The techncian indicated there were network problems out of Ashburn, VA. Due to some connection/customer moves. I still have Packet loss on line between 30-60 percent.
I have reconfigured my whole house network, and elimated, router, cables, PCs, etc. even swapped my modem, and connected everything directly to the NID on outside and still have same problems.
I so wonderful that customers have to troubleshoot their own problems, and attempt to prove it's not on their end, mean while, meanwhile the call center has no clue about problem areas or won't say anything. One more week of this and back to Comcast! Verizon has the worst customer service in I have every seen. I have been a network engineer for over 15 years, and I treated or spoke to my customers the way the do, I would be fired not to meantion we worked till every problem is resolved no matter how small, and there are QA and customer satisfaction processes in place to ensure we do!

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:38

Ashburn is where the NOC is, not the network problems. IM me your DSL ph #, I'll look into it.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:38
reply to jeffworn

You should be good to go now