elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to LazMan

Re: How does TSI offer unlimited?

said by LazMan:

Managing a network with 1.9 million end users is challenging... What exactly do you feel they are doing that is "inept" and leading to the "demise of Canada's ability to conduct business"?

Better put: Common sense dictates having one company control the flow of information in a country as large as Canada, or any country really, is bad for competition, pricing, bandwidth costs and technological upgrade expenditures etc.

Bell and Rogers are for all intents and purposes one entity under 2 business , though legally separate, divisions. Their unified strategic attempt in purchasing MLSE was all the final proof anyone needed. It was a very public statement that together they stand.
Both control a separate arm of the internet service/bandwidth pricing structure in Canada. It is obvious price fixing is alive and well today. Rogers/Bell will back each other to the hilt. It is in their best business interest to do so.

How the Competition Bureau has allowed things to degrade this far and allow the Rogers/Bell conglomerate to monopolize Canada's data transmission services should be the subject of a full parliamentary investigation.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
Wow - me thinks your tinfoil hat's on a little tight today...

The MLSE deal was to control content; and more an "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of deal, then collusion, in my opinion...

Plus, you didn't actually answer my question, of what are they doing that's inept or leading to the demise of Canada's ability to conduct business. Which were your initial statements, BTW...

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
said by LazMan:

Insults will get you nowhere Bud. As they say " the proof is in the pudding".

We'll see who's right as time goes on................

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by elitefx:

said by LazMan:

Insults will get you nowhere Bud.

Can't help it if it is true.