uniqs

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

1 edit

DataRiker to gar187er

Premium Member

to gar187er

Re: [Rant] Well, I *tried* to become a Comcast customer....

said by gar187er:

i pretty much risk my life everyday.

Jokes on you then.

Risking your life for a tech job is just foolish. Bragging about it, doubly so.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

said by DataRiker:

said by gar187er:

i pretty much risk my life everyday.

Jokes on you then.

Risking your life for a tech job is just foolish. Bragging about it, doubly so.

i work on the side of highways, out in bad weather, out at night, etc...im not bragging, just saying, that throwing a ladder is not risking your life.

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by gar187er:

i work on the side of highways, out in bad weather, out at night, etc...im not bragging, just saying, that throwing a ladder is not risking your life.

All of which is routine tech work and not what we are talking about here. (hypothetically anyway )

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

i thought we were duscussing why a tech refused to throw a ladder thinking it was life threatening and other guys complaining it was starting to get dark out. none of which are a reason to leave a customer without service. not as if a hurricane was going on blowing 50mph winds.

dismiss it all you want, but fact is the OP had lazy techs.

DataRiker
Premium Member

4 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by gar187er:

dismiss it all you want, but fact is the OP had lazy techs.

I have a low threshold for iffy installs during the day, forget about trying them at night. You admit to not having a problem risking your life everyday. I absolutely positively have a problem with that. I can only imagine how that manifests itself during your installs.

In my area of installation, if the job can't pass a quality check we shouldn't be doing it. That includes drop wires hugging branches, which is what I assume would have to happen here.

Because quite frankly, somebody will have to come right back and fix it after it snaps. Makes zero sense.