Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

1 edit

[Theory] Two guilds horde and alliance both 25 ... but ...

With help from my family this afternoon, our horde guild is level 25.

That gives us one alliance and one horde guild at 25.

Running goblins mostly leveled the horde guild. Our alliance guild was leveled with a lot of help, and by running toons to 80 then 85 and earning guild xp at high level. Our horde guild was leveled by creating goblins, deleting them and re-running the first goblin starting area. Each run through the goblin starting area is worth about 4% of a guild level. wowarmory doesn't seem able to show all the deleted toons that leveled the guild.

The total guild xp reported on wowarmory for the 37 member roster is 205,243,573. I read elsewhere it takes 845,670,000 guild xp to level a guild to 25. We had one individual leave the Thrall guild with one toon. Approximately 640,426,427 guild xp was earned by level 1-5 goblins. More than 3/4 of our guild level came from level 1-5 goblins. That is the antithesis of how our Alliance guild leveled, which required high level toons to pull in guild xp.

The 60K XP per quest, even for a level 1 toon, caused the change in leveling methodology between the two guilds. The horde guild leveled faster due to the greater guild xp all players were able to earn starting at level 1.

On the horde side, it is time to level keeper toons (toons not created specifically to level the guild), and work on professions.

Thanks to all who helped.

Now that I'm GM of 2 25 guilds one from each faction, I'll try to spend time leveling each class on the horde side and leveling professions.

I tested guild leveling techniques, and the fastest way to level a guild imo was to run the first goblin starting area as a hunter. For the most part, the hunter pet is very helpful and can take care of most distractions or finishing NPC kills while the hunter is moving on to another quest or aspect of a quest.

4 experienced players can run with some practice about a level every hour and 10 minutes. A single player can run a guild level in about a bit under 5 hours. One of my children is faster than the rest of us, and could probably run a guild level in under 3 hours if he wanted to.

For those on our alliance guild, we will be splitting time between the two guilds. You will see more of us on either server. The past few weeks were spent mostly working on leveling our Thrall guild.

Only family members are currently officers, only officers and above can extend invitations at this time. If you are in our guild, and wish to add an alt or friend / family member, message an officer.

We are not actively recruiting, but have no plans to remove any active member who has been helpful. It is very helpful if all guild members who haven't, list their dslreports handle in the guild info.

Thanks again to ALL who helped with either guild.
--
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman"

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Now I know what to do to sell Level 25 Guilds.

wapu
Broadband Ranger
Premium
join:2001-09-05
Boca Raton, FL
reply to pandora
Yea, you guys aren't around enough to get alts into the guild on alliance. I didn't realize you were looking for a Family only Guild. i thought it was a DSLR guild. My bad.
--
--

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to pandora
Immer has Pride and Ego for Alliance on Ravencrest. If you're looking for another one, There is Aftershock on Mal'ganis that has some of us regulars on the horde side.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to wapu
said by wapu:

Yea, you guys aren't around enough to get alts into the guild on alliance. I didn't realize you were looking for a Family only Guild. i thought it was a DSLR guild. My bad.

Wapu you are as of this moment an officer in the DSLR alliance guild and can invite whomever you wish. You can promote an initiate to veteran.

That help? You have earned that by your help and tenacity.

The alliance version of the DSLR guild was initially intended to be for members of this forum.
--
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman"

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
reply to Cptbeatstix
man, im double postin like a mofo lately...

muust be sausage fingers on this netbook keyboard...

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
reply to Cptbeatstix
If there is enough interest, I will consider starting a DSLR guild in oceana. GMT+10 I believe.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

Now I know what to do to sell Level 25 Guilds.

Do you think it would be worth the time? Guilds cost less than they used to as a result of the guild xp changes. A small guild with few achievements and few bank tabs even at 25 may not be worth much more than 20-30k gold at least from what I've seen on the battle.net forums of late.

If you were amazingly fast, it would take at least 50 hours to level a guild to 25 as an individual. There may be other ways to earn more cash with less time.

I think the ability to level a guild to 25 by running and deleting 1-5 toons is sort of amazing, and indicates a major change from Cata.

--

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by pandora:

If you were amazingly fast, it would take at least 50 hours to level a guild to 25 as an individual.

An individual can't level a guild alone because, at least the last I knew, you can't invite yourself to the guild... has this changed?
--
Pulled another rabbit out of our hats against Cinci. Down 7 with 5 to go and we shut them down to the wire. Moved to #3. Play Saturday @Villinova.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
said by kingdome74:

An individual can't level a guild alone because, at least the last I knew, you can't invite yourself to the guild... has this changed?

I think you need 5 people to sign a guild petition. One of the people is the person who took the petition out. My family has 4 active accounts currently. If you want to start a guild anywhere on any server, let me know and we'll be happy to meet and sign your petition.

My son has an curse add on that takes and turns in quests automatically. He can get and turn in quests while running past the quest giver (no stopping). It lets him run areas faster than the rest of the family.

The add on takes a bit of set up. If I were to try and level a guild solo, it would be with this add on and in the goblin zone. Only the first island, the second takes longer and doesn't provide a vehicle. The concentration and quantity of quests in the first goblin starting zone with the mount like vehicle makes it easy to get many quests done in a very short time.
--

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
said by pandora:

My son has an curse add on that takes and turns in quests automatically. He can get and turn in quests while running past the quest giver (no stopping). It lets him run areas faster than the rest of the family.

The add on takes a bit of set up.

moar info pl0x!!!
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
I use Monomyth which just takes and turns in every single quest just by clicking on the npc.

It only stops you when you have to pick a reward.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

If there is enough interest, I will consider starting a DSLR guild in oceana. GMT+10 I believe.

Man, playing from Hawaii is a pain int he arse. It stinks not being able to play with my peeps like I use to. I have to hope some are on when I get on, which would be like 0100 in the morning east coast time.
--
90 Pogasim (Pandaren Monk) M/G Horde!

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
I'm usually on until like 4 or 5 in the morning CST. Sleep is pretty much non-existent for me lol.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
I try to stay on around midnight while skype keeps me awake.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to pandora
I just have to keep yelling at jobbie to stay awake.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
yeah skype = Cptn

pandora
Premium
Outland