2 recommendations

[Updated] KeePass Password Safe 1.25 has been released

quote:
k e e p a s s . i n f o
2013-01-20 11:32

KeePass 1.25 has been released

Changes from 1.24 to 1.25:

New Features:

• Added option to show the tray icon only if the main window has been sent to the tray.
• The caret position in a secure edit control is now preserved when unhiding and hiding the content.
• When starting KeePass for the first time, it asks whether to enable the automatic update check or not (if not enabled already).
• KeePass now shows an error message when the user accidentally attempts to use a database file as key file.
• When holding Alt while double-clicking onto a notes field in the main entry list, KeePass now copies the displayed cell text instead of the raw notes to the clipboard.

Improvements:

• {GOOGLECHROME} placeholder: updated detection code to also support the latest versions of Chrome.
• Enhanced user switch detection.
• Moved quick search options to a separate category.
• Improved update check.
• The 'No updates available' message is not shown in the status bar anymore (updates and errors are shown).
• Unified clipboard methods.
• Changed naming of translation files.
• Upgraded installer.
• Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.52.0.
• Various code optimizations.
• Minor other improvements.

Bugfixes:

• (None).

More @ »keepass.info/news/n130120_1.25.h ··· .25.html

KeePass Edition Comparison
KeePass currently is available in two different editions: 1.x and 2.x.
They are fundamentally different (2.x is not based on 1.x).
They mainly differ in portability and functionality...

More @ »keepass.info/compare.html

Download: »keepass.info/download.html

Related:
»[Updated] KeePass 2.20.1 (maintenance release)

--
non nova, sed nove
primum non nocere

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21

1 recommendation

Thank you GoneF!!

dp
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to Gone Fishing
Thank you

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Gone Fishing
Thank you, Gone Fishing See Profile.
I wish it would have an option just to minimize main window into tray when I press ESC button keeping it unlocked... Like e.g. "Use ESC to minimize the main window". I press ESC intuitively quite often, but don't need it to lock the program. I want it just to minimize into tray.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to Gone Fishing
Think I'm gonna have to give KeePass another try.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC

1 recommendation

reply to Gone Fishing
Thanks Gone Fishing See Profile.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

2 edits

2 recommendations

reply to OZO
said by OZO:

Thank you, Gone Fishing See Profile.
I wish it would have an option just to minimize main window into tray when I press ESC button keeping it unlocked... Like e.g. "Use ESC to minimize the main window". I press ESC intuitively quite often, but don't need it to lock the program. I want it just to minimize into tray.

Go tools, options, interface and check minimized to tray instead of taskbar or advanced and check start minimized and locked. Make sure to change show keepass window to Esc key.

I also need to note that i use keepass2 so what i posted here is for that version and i am not sure if it will work with 1.25.
--
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. (Hmm)
I have enemies? Good. That means I've stood up for something, sometime in my life.

OZO
Premium
Thank you, MarkAW See Profile. I've tried to set all 3 options as recommended. But when main window is opened and I press ESC, KeyPass closes (minimizes to systray) and locks the DB. Next time, when I restore window, it asks for password.

Option Lock workspace when minimizing the main window is unchecked too. So, clicking on "minimize" button on the main window doesn't lock workspace, while pressing ESC does... I'm trying to avoid the locking DB, when I press ESC.
--

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

2 edits
said by OZO:

Thank you, MarkAW See Profile. I've tried to set all 3 options as recommended. But when main window is opened and I press ESC, KeyPass closes (minimizes to systray) and locks the DB. Next time, when I restore window, it asks for password.

Option Lock workspace when minimizing the main window is unchecked too. So, clicking on "minimize" button on the main window doesn't lock workspace, while pressing ESC does... I'm trying to avoid the locking DB, when I press ESC.

Then i'd say uncheck "start minimized and locked" and "Run keepass at windows start" under advanced and integration tabs and just have "Minimize to tray instead of taskbar" under interface and see how that works, since both will lock keepass and that isn't what you want.

--
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. (Hmm)
I have enemies? Good. That means I've stood up for something, sometime in my life.

OZO
Premium
That's exactly the set of options I'm using. But ESC locks workspace anyway...

Perhaps I'm spoiled with other tools, like e.g. Process Explorer, where I used to use ESC to minimize it. And now, with KeePass, I have always to stop myself from doing that.
--