Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Lamboman316

Re: Optimum Ultra Question

Optimum should really consider lowering the fee to $100 or just getting rid of it, then they would get more money per month for customers going to ultra
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by Jackarino:

Optimum should really consider lowering the fee to $100 or just getting rid of it, then they would get more money per month for customers going to ultra

More people on ultra also costs more money. I don't pretend to know what would make the most economical sense for them to do, but if I had to guess, they'll be facing more expansion costs sooner by reducing or removing the upgrade charge to offset the increased monthly revenue.

I do recommend trying Boost Plus before Ultra (like the OP has). I don't think 120ish Mbps vs 60 Mbps is going to have a significant difference on anything a home user would do.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

agreed

the fact is a 30/5 plan would probably be more than adequate for most heavy users

I would upgrade to that before boost+

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

CV discontinued the Boost plan for new users when they rolled out Boost Plus, so that wouldn't work.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

1 edit

sorry if I wasn't clear but I am aware the 30/5 plan is not available but if it were I would be interested in one