Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP to teddystacker

Premium Member

to teddystacker

Re: [DVR] External DVR Storage

said by teddystacker:

What totally Amazes me is that Comcast's Very Recent DVR (The Moto DCX3400) doe not even support external storage , anyone care to speculate why? , when their almost 10 year old boxs do?

Do they really expect us to "downgrade" to a crappier box so that we can have access to this new feature?

Doesn't the DCX3400 already have an eSATA port and from a previous post, it's just waiting for Comcast to roll out activating it?
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by THZNDUP:

said by teddystacker:

What totally Amazes me is that Comcast's Very Recent DVR (The Moto DCX3400) doe not even support external storage , anyone care to speculate why? , when their almost 10 year old boxs do?

Do they really expect us to "downgrade" to a crappier box so that we can have access to this new feature?

Doesn't the DCX3400 already have an eSATA port and from a previous post, it's just waiting for Comcast to roll out activating it?

Yes and No. Yes it has an eSATA port, and yes Comcast is working on it. But No, it is not getting eSATA enabled right away. They say it needs more testing.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

probably it needs more testing because it's so new? I'd be pissed if I had that brand new model only to find out that because it's new the eSATA port wouldn't be updated like the rest of the Motorola's.

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
Lard

THZNDUP to SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

to SpHeRe31459
Hummmmmm.........

»Re: DVR Extender w/Moto Boxes

Looks like it's packaged as part of the guide update by area.jblues See Profile seems to have gotten one to work.

jblues
join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI

1 recommendation

jblues

said by THZNDUP:

Hummmmmm.........

»Re: DVR Extender w/Moto Boxes

Looks like it's packaged as part of the guide update by area.jblues See Profile seems to have gotten one to work.

Yes, I have a DCX 3400 and yes, I have had the Extender for 2 months now with NO issues. It is not "officially" supported (not sure why), but when your area gets guide A30 and the eSATA port is enabled on all the other Motorola boxes in your area (check the thread in the Comcast forums), it IS enabled on this one as well.

My advice: spend $100 and try it! Based on my experience, you will be glad you did!

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Unless Comcast changes their migration route or speed, it'll be a while for the west coast. The only good point is that hopefully most of any bugs will be fixed by then (and no new ones introduced).

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to jblues

to jblues
To answer that question of not being sure why it is not officially supported, please see: »Re: DVR Extender w/Moto Boxes

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

I believe jblues See Profile is refering to the 'DCX3400' not being officially supported, not the model of drive being hung off of it.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

oh. Well that's different then, lol