Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] Super Bowl 47 Discussion (2 weeks)

I'll be pulling for the Niners/NFC, but the Ravens have beaten the wonderboy Luck, taken down Peyton in Denver, and Brady in Foxboro. I just don't see them losing to this Kaepernick kid making only his 9th? 10th? ever NFL start. Flacco at least has more experience. Yeah it's a team game and all, but the Ravens are rolling...

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to KeepOnRockin

said by KeepOnRockin:

Between the two teams that will appear in the SuperBowl, hopefully Baltimore pulls it off. it would be nice for Ray Lewis to get the trophy before his retirement starts.

He was named MVP in Super Bowl XXXV when Baltimore beat the Giants.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

Flacco for how bad he plays some games he plays big in the playoffs, unless it's against the Stillers.

FIFY

--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Moorecards

I said a few weeks ago that I wanted the Seahawks, 49ers, and Patriots to lose. Two down, one to go.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

said by footballdude:

I said a few weeks ago that I wanted the Seahawks...

I understand the 9ers and Pats, but why us? 'cuz of the Rams?
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO

said by drew:

said by footballdude:

I said a few weeks ago that I wanted the Seahawks...

I understand the 9ers and Pats, but why us? 'cuz of the Rams?

12th man - stolen from Texas A&M
Beast Mode - stolen from Milwaukee Brewers
Uniform design - stolen from Oregon
Pete Carroll - smiling snapperhead I'd like to see crying
--

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to rockotman

said by rockotman:

said by I AM:

Flacco for how bad he plays some games he plays big in the playoffs, unless it's against the Stillers.

FIFY

Steelers? They are over the hill. Time to rebuild.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to rockotman

»espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_···g-source

Jets couldn't be silent for too long. They decide they want to move their only great player.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

Maybe the Iggles can sign him and reinvigorate their "dream team".

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

LOL. How the great have fallen.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
reply to footballdude

Wow, you're cranky.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to I AM

I'd argue that they have some pretty great players on the team, like Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Dustin Keller, and even Antonio Cromartie, but Revis is without a doubt the best corner in the league.

And the Jets are something like $19 million over the cap for next season. It maybe better that they let him go now when they can get something for him.
Maybe he becomes a Seahawk and plays alongside Sherman, that would be cool: »www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20···e-revis/
Sometimes I hate being a Jets fan.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
reply to bjf123

said by bjf123:

I'm already tired of hearing about Ray Lewis, his retirement, and how his last game will be the Super Bowl. Even though the Niners beat my Bengals twice in the Super Bowl, I'll be cheering for them to beat Ray Lewis and the Ravens.

From today's ( 1/26) New York Post

»www.nypost.com/p/news/national/t···vqpmbM/0

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

said by sailor:

From today's ( 1/26) New York Post

»www.nypost.com/p/news/national/t···vqpmbM/0

Grr....makes me fume as I read that.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards

There should only be 1 week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. The media runs out of stuff to write in a 2-week period and just produces extraneous fluff stories.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1

said by fatness:

There should only be 1 week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. The media runs out of stuff to write in a 2-week period and just produces extraneous fluff stories.

But, but Pro Bowl!

Prow Bowl should be the methadone of the season.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

said by capecoddah:

said by fatness:

But, but No Show Bowl!

FIFY.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to Moorecards

I like the two week break for 1 reason: it gives banged up guys a lot of time to heal up and get ready. I want to see as many big-time players in the SuperBowl as possible.

And the Pro-Bowl isn't that bad.

Man, I wish Leon Washington was still a Jet.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

There have been a few (7, I think) Superbowls over the years where there has only been one week between the conference championships and the Superbowl. Not sure why, but I remember thinking that in the years that they did it, it did not leave enough time for the hype to build.

I know when they first started with the bye weeks (1990) they did so, in an effort to avoid moving the game into February. And when they made the horrid mistake of trying to give everybody two bye weeks in 1993 they did so as well.

Also, in 2001, because of 9/11, which moved the week 2 games to the end of the season, the NFL did one week between the conference championships and the Superbowl, since it would be an economic and scheduling hardship on all involved to push the Superbowl back one week.

I think the one at the end of the 2002 season was also a one-weeker, but not sure why.

The NFL does not want to play on Labor Day weekend any more, since the holiday causes a drop in the ratings. And they also don't want to ever again have only a one week break between the championships and the big game, so given that the season takes 21 weeks from opening game to SB, it looks like February Superbowls will be the norm, at least until the league gets to an 18 game season (which I hope never happens).
--

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to drew

said by drew:

Wow, you're cranky.

My hatred makes me stronger!
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

So anyone watch the Pro Bowl? LOL.

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards

I expect little else from this site than trolling hatred for Ray Lewis, and it is certainly well-earned. Its unfortunate though, because there are 52 other players on the team, some incredibly standup guys, guys who have overcome tremendous difficulty in their lives to get where they are.

Same can probably be said for the Niners, a team I respect for the way they play the game.

I for one will be incredibly relieved when this season is over and Ray is gone. His act has worn thin, although to him it doesn't seem to be an act at all. But until the Super Bowl is over I am rooting for the Ravens all the way. Joe "Fluk-o" has set an NFL record for road playoff wins (8), and could even potentially match/eclipse Joe Montana's greatest postseason ever. Joe has 8 TDs and 0 picks *knock on wood*, Montana finished his best postseason with 11 TDs and 0 picks. Not saying it will happen, but the fact that its a possibility is a remarkable accomplishment for such an "average" QB.

People hate the Ravens for all kinds of reasons. Maybe Skip Bayliss told them to, or maybe they just hate Ray Lewis because he represents pure evil or something. Its too bad, though, because we have a Super Bowl consisting of two old school heavyweights who want to bring their own brand of physicality to the game Sunday. I'll be avoiding the media circus all week (I cancelled cable months ago), and will be just focusing on the game itself. Should be a good one.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

In the vein of Flacco setting a playoff road win record, it is a remarkable feat. I find it hard to reconcile that Flacco may be as good as many of the great QBs with post season success. Flacco is in his own company as far as playoff road wins goes. Montana, Elway, Favre, Aikman, Brady, both Mannings are all judged to be much better QBs than Flacco, again, hard to reconcile putting him in that company. It can also be said that their respective teams were better overall than the Ravens since they didn't need to win on the road due to home field advantage. But, there is no denying Flacco's success in the playoffs. A win in the NFL is hard, a playoff win is harder, and a road playoff win is harder still. IMO, Flacco will deserve high accolades if the Ravens win the superbowl and he plays a key role in getting the win.
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA

Trust me I'm the last guy who's going to defend Flacco. I'm tired of the constant criticism but the best argument is his own play. He's a physically gifted passer but he needs good protection. He is terrible at ad-libbing.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to Moorecards

Flacco is doing what Eli did in years prior. Everyone thought he was an average QB(including myself) - than BAM! The man is on a ROLL. Luckily against Denver their secondary blew the whole game on one of the worst plays I have ever seen in my life.

With Ray Lewis - I love the man, great player, one of the best to ever do it. He's just so freaking annoying with the "God brought me to win the SB thank god for this play blah blah blah" I know he isn't the only one doing it but really? God helps a millionaire who still won't tell the truth about a murder just have even a better life? OK? MAKES SENSE!
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

62-35, what a fucking joke that game is. I hope Goodell kills it already.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

I watched.
I enjoyed it.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards

They just need to make the Pro Bowl matter. Winning division of the Pro Bowl gets the opening election and get rid of the coin toss. They could also make the winning division get the season opener the following season as well.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to Edge1

said by Edge1:

People hate the Ravens for all kinds of reasons.

I think people hate the Ravens because they abandoned Cleveland. Or those people are Steelers fans.
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

God most really hate Cleveland. Since they left they been winning a lot.