uniqs
share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Eagles LoveR

Re: [NFL] Super Bowl 47 Discussion (2 weeks)

He's in there to inspire his team!

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

He's in there to inspire his team!

And take Tebow's place for using 'God' in everything he does.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

said by rockotman:

Love Jim Harbaugh whining for the penalty. So typical.

I was cheering for the Ravens,but that was clearly a hold and it cost the niners the game.

I am not convinced that the receiver would have landed in bounds even if he had his hands on the ball. But it doesn't matter now.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

I just don't see how William's wasn't ejected for throwing a closed fist punch at another player. Yea it was heated on both sides but that crossed the line.

Was that from the big melee in the first half? I never saw what caused the big 'fight'. What was that all about?
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Voxxjin:

said by Draiman:

I just don't see how William's wasn't ejected for throwing a closed fist punch at another player. Yea it was heated on both sides but that crossed the line.

Was that from the big melee in the first half? I never saw what caused the big 'fight'. What was that all about?

I couldn't tell what it was about but it was that big melee in the first half.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards

Congrats to Baltimore..........they must be the only city to win both the Grey cup and Super bowl.

Great game and Ravens deserved to win,but SF has got to be excited about their QB and his arm...........what a rocket that kid has.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Draiman

I understand lettting them play this is the Superbowl but I think the refs let them get away with too much. There's playing hard and rough then there's extra stuff that doesn't efect the play after the play is done. A lot of extra stuff was going on after the plays died. A lot of taunting that would have been flagged in the regular season.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

I understand lettting them play this is the Superbowl but I think the refs let them get away with too much. There's playing hard and rough then there's extra stuff that doesn't efect the play after the play is done. A lot of extra stuff was going on after the plays died. A lot of taunting that would have been flagged in the regular season.

Exactly. I'm all for letting them play but after the whistle stuff was terrible. A ref lost his hat in the William's melee in the first half. That means some player hit a ref which is automatic ejection yet no one was rejected. Throwing a closed fist punch is automatic rejection as well. I'd turn on UFC or hockey if I wanted to see that.

In the end I think the refs failed both teams with lots of no calls both directions. The refs let the players control the game instead of controlling the game like they are paid to do.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to Eagles LoveR

said by Eagles LoveR:

said by I AM:

Time to order me some Deer Antler Spray. It works.

Didn't work for Ray Lewis. The Ravens won, but Ray Lewis was pathetic last night. Ravens essentially won the SB without a MLB.. That was terrible

Exactly and Ray Lewis is one of the main reasons I went with Baltimore....But not due to any talent he might still have left.

I figured Ray Lewis is all about Ray Lewis....So even though I did not watch any TV during the 2 weeks waiting for the game nor did I read much sports online I just knew that Ray would be the one to want all the ink in the papers and the one to want to be the center of attention when the media cameras were grinding...

So with him being the media hog that he is it would provide an excellent opportunity for the rest of the players to prepare better for the game.....and like most any other game, the team most prepared has a huge advantage..

So my thinking was Ray Lewis would suck on the field but he would be a huge plus for his teammates....stealing the limelight from them which gave them the time and privacy to do the most important thing leading up to the game itself....and that is to have the time to prepare for the big game.

And I think it showed on how great the team was coming out of the box....and even after the power outage and the 49'ers come roaring back it was a very disciplined and prepared Raven team that prevailed in my opinion....and that asshole phony Lewis didn't have a fucking thing to do with the victory but he allowed his team to be prepared the selfish egotistical prick that he is...

I believe the team that won yesterday was the team that was the most prepared to play the game. Just what I personally was hoping and looking for.

Thank you Ray Lewis you fucktard!

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to Moorecards

Funny enough people are already dubbing it Blackoutgate. I just heard that from a few co-workers in the kitchen at work here.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to sailor

said by sailor:

and that asshole phony Lewis ... the selfish egotistical prick that he is...
Thank you Ray Lewis you fucktard!

I take it you're not a fan of his?
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards

I was amazed that Williams wasn't ejected for shoving that ref after the Reed interception.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

said by Rook008:

I was amazed that Williams wasn't ejected for shoving that ref after the Reed interception.

YUPS! I think after the big Boldin catch he got up and head butt the corner. Yeah it was a big catch but I think that would be a personal foul in the regular season. You can't just head butt another player after you make a big play.

I agree with what XCAL said. I remember when I played sports it was the refs job to control the game. Not so much to effect the outcome but they have to control the "cleanliness" of the game. And when I played, I played to how the refs were calling. If they weren't calling fouls I was fouling. But it was just dirty after the plays.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

And when I played, I played to how the refs were calling. If they weren't calling fouls I was fouling. But it was just dirty after the plays.

Exactly. Players will always test the ref's and if the refs don't handle it then it gets worse. I mean why not cheat if you can get away with it. *cough....deer antler spray...cough*
--

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards

I guess it was William's who hit the Ref then threw a punch and somehow didn't get flagged or ejected.

"Along the way, Ravens cornerback Cary Williams made contact with an official, via a two-handed shove.

At the time, former NFL official and officiating supervisor Jim Daopoulos walked me through the relevant portions of the rule book and case book. There is no discretion; contact with an official should always result in an ejection."
»profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20···jection/

Cary Williams was involved in another incident like this earlier this season.
-----------------------------------------
"..cornerback Cary Williams and Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson were throwing punches during one exchange."

I'd expect that from replacement ref's.

"It makes for good theater, but with replacement refs who have proven they can barely control a game, asking them to monitor two bunches of hot-heads is too much to ask."
»profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20···g-dirty/
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Ravens won a Rigged SB. Proof ^

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to CylonRed

said by CylonRed:

Most coaches would be 'whining' about it...

Funny from Facebook:

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to I AM

Ahh man!!!!

I don't see it as rigged, just refs who were reluctant to throw flags or punt players from the game. They just let things get out of hand early.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Moorecards

Flacco still not elite!

»profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-on-f···y-elite/

Dead horse beaten.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by rockotman:

SF had 4 chances to get a TD with 1st and goal and didn't get it done. They lost it on their own hook.

I've always thought that throwing the ball to the corner of the end zone and hoping your guy outjumps the other guy is a sign of an offensive play caller that's run out of ideas.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

What? There's another Manning brother? Cooper Manning? WoW. I didn't know that until today haha.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by footballdude:

said by FFH:

And as an interesting side note PGA notable Vijay Singh has admitted using it. And that may get him suspended from PGA Tour for up to 1 yr.

I'm actually surprised that the PGA has a banned substance list. Being all hopped up on roids wouldn't help a golf swing much.

Pga drug list is more interested in drugs that can calm the nerves - things that can cure the yips on the putting green.

Heard a quote from David Feherty. "If they ever find a performance enhancing drug for golf I'm going to be really pissed. Because I spent my entire career looking for one."
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

said by FFH:

said by rockotman:

SF had 4 chances to get a TD with 1st and goal and didn't get it done. They lost it on their own hook.

I've always thought that throwing the ball to the corner of the end zone and hoping your guy outjumps the other guy is a sign of an offensive play caller that's run out of ideas.

Problem is - that close to the end zone that is about all there is to do unless you have a back that can carry people into the end zone.

Would have been better for the 49'ers to be on the 15 yard line.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

He also pushed an official. Not sure how he got away with that.

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Moorecards

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEXtzYqkLA8

Couple of points:

•No stiff-arm from Crabtree that I can see.
•Smith latches on before 5 yards out from line of scrimmage (5 yard line) and hangs on well into the endzone, where it looks like Crabtree tries to scrape him off.
•Rule is ref calls a hold if defender holds after 5 yards.
•Instead of change of possession, it's 4 more downs starting at the 1.
•Simms made a few dumb remarks.
•It's a hold, call it. There isn't a different set of rules for the end of the game.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

Crabtree has his right arm straightened into the defender's body and then his left on his helmet.
The defender is holding Crabtree for almost the entire route from the 1 yard line into the endzone.

The line of scrimmage is the 5 yard line.

But the refs weren't throwing flags for that the entire game, why start at the end?
--

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to berserken

OK - you want to question officiating?

•Why wasn't an out-of-bounds hit called on the defensive player when Flacco was throwing the ball as he went out of bounds. The hit occurred well after he was OB, and the defensive player had time to pull up. That would have lead to a Baltimore 1st and goal, instead of the Ratbirds settling for a field goal.

•How about the nice acting job when Akers went down after the missed field goal.

Click me if necessary

•Remember when Roddy White got mugged by Navarro Bowman on the 4th down at the end of the NFC championship game? No flag was shown. Bowman even admits it. That "no-call" routine goes both ways. Mike Smith didn't go all Merlot or Chardonnay after the game, did he?
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
reply to Rook008

Not saying start at the end. Start at the beginning.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY

That would have been my preference too.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to rockotman

said by rockotman See Profile
... Mike Smith didn't go all Merlot or Chardonnay after the game, did he?

lol, wine - whine.
That was clever.
--