share rss forum feed

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to berserken

Re: [NFL] Super Bowl 47 Discussion (2 weeks)

The point is, that is a dive. He is already on his way down when 23 touches his left leg. Do YOU follow?
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to Rook008

I took some screenshots just to show flight of ball and where it landed..

In screenshot 1 you can see the defender has already been pushed to the ground by Crabtree.....and the ball is nowhere in sight.....Crabtree has clear sailing to the ball......and then other screenshots and the final one showing where the ball landed. Look how far out of bounds the ball finally lands.

Again, just doing this cause I like that I can take screenshots

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

said by sailor:

Again, just doing this cause I like that I can take screenshots

lol
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
kudos:1
reply to berserken

You miss the point. Doesn't matter if the kicker loses his balance or just falls. If the defender runs into him, unless he's blocked into him, it's a foul.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

2 recommendations

reply to Moorecards

The real reason I was rooting for the Ratbirds?

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to Moorecards

However, when it behooved Harbaugh to ease back from the officiating issue, try to appreciate one of the best Super Bowls ever played, put the spotlight on his brother, and shine the bad stuff on for another day, the man Mike Ditka once called the most competitive player he ever coached just couldn't do it.

"You know, I really want to handle this with class and grace, and we had several opportunities in this game," Harbaugh said just a few minutes after the game ended. "We didn't play our best game, and the Ravens made a lot of plays and battled back. They competed to win. But there's no question in my mind that it was a pass interference, and hold on [Michael] Crabtree on the last one."

The play Harbaugh was talking about happened with 1:50 left in the game. The 49ers had fourth-and-goal at the Baltimore five-yard line, and after two incompletions to receiver Michael Crabtree, Kaepernick put the ball up again in Crabtree's direction. It certainly looked on the play that Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith held Crabtree's jersey long enough for a flag to be thrown, but no flag was forthcoming.

"I mean, I haven't seen the play yet," Crabtree said after the game. "I'm sure I'm going to watch film. I'm a football player. I'm going to critique myself and figure out ways to get better. I can't wait to see it on film. I was just really determined to make the play, and he got his hands on me. I feel like he got his hands on me, and I guess the refs said he made a good play."

»sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd···nfl.html

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to rockotman

said by rockotman:

The real reason I was rooting for the Ratbirds?

[att=1]

ROFLMAO!!!!

I am so printing that pic and posting on my work area.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

Considering where you live, you ought to replace the SF logo with a Cowboys logo.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to sailor

It was a great SuperBowl, going down to the wire.
Though my favorite one is, of course, SuperBowl 42.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to rockotman

Nice one.
And I'm sure there is a caption somewhere of the same pic comparing the two kids to the Harbaugh brothers.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

1 edit

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards

Whatever happened to the best WR in all of football during the SB? If Moss was that good surely he could have caught a few of those bad throws or done something to help the team out.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

I thought the same thing during the game. It's extremely obvious that he's a secondary, or thirddary thought for them, and doesn't appear to be part of their overall attack...maybe they were using him to pull coverage, but he didn't seem to be much of a presence at all.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Koil:

I thought the same thing during the game. It's extremely obvious that he's a secondary, or thirddary thought for them, and doesn't appear to be part of their overall attack...maybe they were using him to pull coverage, but he didn't seem to be much of a presence at all.

They didn't even have their best players covering Moss. Crabtree got all the attention.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Draiman

Maybe it was the QB's fault. Just like all his other Qb's.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

Maybe it was the QB's fault. Just like all his other Qb's.

Yea they only tried 75% of the time so the 25% they weren't trying went his way.
--

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to rockotman

said by rockotman:

Considering where you live, you ought to replace the SF logo with a Cowboys logo.

True but they have Romo as QB so we are probably safe for a while from them.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

Whatever happened to the best WR in all of football during the SB? If Moss was that good surely he could have caught a few of those bad throws or done something to help the team out.

The guy is about to turn 36 years old! He is but a shadow of the receiver you describe, like he was at 26. He's got 12 years in the league complete with the wear and tear combined with the age that goes with it. He had lots of gifts for a receiver one of which was blazing speed--one of the fastest receivers ever and great leaping ability. Now he has mediocre speed and jumping ability. Even if he beats the coverage in man the defender is usually fast enough to close the distance before the pass arrives.
--
The signal is usually drowned out by the noise.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

But it was Moss talking himself up before the game that he was the best all time receiver in the NFL - I think Jerry Rice would have something to say about it.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..

Yeah but it's not our fault that we know the score while Moss is the only person currently out of touch with reality.

I will say of Moss, even though I never personally liked him, at his peak he had as much or more talent than any receiver that played the game. The most physically unstoppable or uncoverable receiver of all time for sure in the modern game.

Rice absolutely deserves all of his accolades and designations such as best receiver of all time and in some eyes the best FB of all time. However, if Randy Moss had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing to Moss during all most his entire career on those 49er teams his stats would have been dramatically better.
--
The signal is usually drowned out by the noise.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Blogger

said by Blogger:

said by Draiman:

The guy is about to turn 36 years old! He is but a shadow of the receiver you describe, like he was at 26. He's got 12 years in the league complete with the wear and tear combined with the age that goes with it. He had lots of gifts for a receiver one of which was blazing speed--one of the fastest receivers ever and great leaping ability. Now he has mediocre speed and jumping ability. Even if he beats the coverage in man the defender is usually fast enough to close the distance before the pass arrives.

Jerry Rice was still kicking butt and taking numbers in his 12th year in the league. Sadly even at his best Moss was never better then a 75% WR. He had a ton of talent and the potential to be the best but wasted it. It wouldn't have mattered if he had Montana or Young. He didn't play every down and didn't give 100% his entire career. There was no way he'd ever be #1 given his work ethics.
--

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Sometimes too much talent is a curse... We see it in every sport

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

said by Eagles LoveR:

Yups like on the Eagle's Dream Team.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

said by Eagles LoveR:

Yups like on the Eagle's Dream Team.

They haven't woken up yet!
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Wait. Didn't the guy that said it got let go? Where's Vince Young? I need a QB for my flag football league.