share rss forum feed

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Blogger

Re: [NFL] Super Bowl 47 Discussion (2 weeks)

said by Blogger:

said by Draiman:

Whatever happened to the best WR in all of football during the SB? If Moss was that good surely he could have caught a few of those bad throws or done something to help the team out.

The guy is about to turn 36 years old! He is but a shadow of the receiver you describe, like he was at 26. He's got 12 years in the league complete with the wear and tear combined with the age that goes with it. He had lots of gifts for a receiver one of which was blazing speed--one of the fastest receivers ever and great leaping ability. Now he has mediocre speed and jumping ability. Even if he beats the coverage in man the defender is usually fast enough to close the distance before the pass arrives.

Jerry Rice was still kicking butt and taking numbers in his 12th year in the league. Sadly even at his best Moss was never better then a 75% WR. He had a ton of talent and the potential to be the best but wasted it. It wouldn't have mattered if he had Montana or Young. He didn't play every down and didn't give 100% his entire career. There was no way he'd ever be #1 given his work ethics.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Sometimes too much talent is a curse... We see it in every sport

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

said by Eagles LoveR:

Yups like on the Eagle's Dream Team.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

said by Eagles LoveR:

Yups like on the Eagle's Dream Team.

They haven't woken up yet!
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

Wait. Didn't the guy that said it got let go? Where's Vince Young? I need a QB for my flag football league.