Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cortland
Premium
join:2002-08-24
Miami, FL

iPhones should be brushed Aluminum, hard to copy

Tonight I saw a highway ad showing other cell phones, obvious copies of the iPhone, for $ 29. Apple shoudl make all iPhones the hard to copy brushed Aluminum. Those $ 29 phones were white and black, poorly mimicking the beautiful plastic finishes of the current phones, but looking similar.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

iPhones aren't plastic, they're anodized aluminum backs with milled aluminum sides and the front is all glass. The only plastic is the antenna covers. No other phone comes remotely close to the iPhone 4 and 5 in build quality.

Cortland
Premium
Miami, FL

My ignorance further proves my point. Apple is making the iphones look "black" or "white" when brushed Aluminum is the only color that cannot be easily "copied". Just saying, brushed Aluminum has That look. All other manufacturers are copying the iPhone look and colors. If it was brushed Aluminum they would have to incur that expense in order to mimic.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170

The 2nd run companies would just release silver plastic phones. Besides, who cares about those shitbox polycarb hemorrhoid OS phones? If people are stupid enough to buy them, that is their problem.

Cortland
Premium
Miami, FL

You can't replicate a brushed aluminum look that doesn't look horrible unless you actually mill it.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

2 edits

Plastic
Sure you can. Even if they don't use plastic, a brushed aluminum inlay is dirt cheap and applied almost like a decal. You can get plastic cases with Al inlays for just a couple of bucks on eBay.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

exactly...my "case" looks similar.