Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Firmware Build Time: Aug 12 2010 13:58:19

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:116

Send me your telephone# and MAC address and I can push a firmware update for you.

flood404

join:2013-01-21
Davenport, IA

1 edit
reply to flood404

Ok the modem did an update its reporting

Model Name: SB6120
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB612X-1.0.5.2-SCM01-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4m1
Hardware Version: 3.0
Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Firmware Build Time: Jan 26 2011 13:53:12

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Good to hear. Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

jay67

@mchsi.com

Hi Chad; has phone/internet install yesterday and based on calling in advance re not renting equipment, I purchased a SBG6580 for internet (new) and ARRIS602G (used) for telephony. The ARRIS proportedly hd the latest firmware from ARRIS on it but I think that firmware is the problem. Mediacom pushed a firmware update for the SBG6580 and it worked perfectly after. I called to have a firmware push on the ARRIS but was told I had to rent an EMTA modem from MC and they would not push firmware to mine. Since I was told I could have my own EMTA along with a list of supported EMTA's which promted my purchase, I was quite dissappointed they would not push the firmware. Is this correct or can I get a firmware push ?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

We are only able to push firmware to equipment that we support.

SeaDawg77

@mchsi.com
reply to MediacomChad

SB6120 firmware update?

I think this cable modem probably needs an update, right?

Model Name: SB6120
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB6120-1.0.1.8-SCM02-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4m1
Hardware Version: 3.0
Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Firmware Build Time: Apr 22 2009 12:15:22

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to jay67

Re: [IA] Need firmware update

Only Mediacom phone modems will be used for phone service. you can rent or buy one from Mediacom.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

said by Anonymous:

Only Mediacom phone modems will be used for phone service. you can rent or buy one from Mediacom.

and the FCC is looking into this. Mediacom is grossly over charging for the phone modem. Look for them to have to let other modems on the network in the future. The presidents has been set by allowing customer owned modems for internet.

Its nothing more than a money grab. Kinda like charging 4.95 for voicemail

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

said by GLIMMER:

said by Anonymous:

and the FCC is looking into this. Mediacom is grossly over charging for the phone modem. Look for them to have to let other modems on the network in the future. The presidents has been set by allowing customer owned modems for internet.

There isn't really a selection outside of what mediacom provides. And you also have to take into account that what they supply they support. What you buy they don't. So when your bought modem dies, you foot the bill. When it's mediacoms, you get a new one for no charge. Makes sense to charge.

GLIMMER

Fisher, IL

said by CappinHoff:

said by GLIMMER:

said by Anonymous:

There isn't really a selection outside of what mediacom provides. And you also have to take into account that what they supply they support. What you buy they don't. So when your bought modem dies, you foot the bill. When it's mediacoms, you get a new one for no charge. Makes sense to charge.

I was talking about buying your own modem. They are over charging for the voice modem they want to sell you....

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2

You can buy all in one gateway for $150 one time fee or rent a phone modem for $5/mo. You can buy a internet only modem from a third party to save $5/mo but Mediacom may not be able to update firmware.

No third party phone modems will be provisioned for Mediacom phone service. Not even if you buy an identical modem somewhere else.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

GLIMMER

Fisher, IL

said by Anonymous:

You can buy all in one gateway for $150 one time fee or rent a phone modem for $5/mo. You can buy a internet only modem from a third party to save $5/mo but Mediacom may not be able to update firmware.

No third party phone modems will be provisioned for Mediacom phone service. Not even if you buy an identical modem somewhere else.

that last line is what is getting mediacom in hot water with the FCC. If I was to get the exact same model why the hell can't it be activated? It can. Mediacom has set the way with allowing internet modems. I would not mind buying said modem from mediacom if they would charge what its going for other places...