how-to block ads
[Cable TV] Mediacom illegally intercepted EchoStar's signal? Does anyone remember that CEO from L2 that was arrested?
How did the mainstream media miss this one, yet Mediacom's reps weren't arrested? Check this out...
Echostar (Dish Network) vs Mediacom Communications (of Albany GA)
"Therefore. Mediacom executives entered into three separate Residential Customer Agreements with DISH Network, a Colorado corporation (attached hereto as Exhibit ("B")- The company would then extract local channel WSB/ABC from the DISH Network subscriptions, make it cable ready, and illegally retransmit the channel to its own customers."
"Mediacom either could not or would not obtain the retransmission rights to broadcast local channel WSB/ABC to its customers. Therefore, to compete with DISH Network, Mediacom engaged in a course of unlawful conduct so that it may steal the channel for which DISH Network bargained and purchased the retransmission rights. Three Mediacom employees, including Chief Technician John Duran, entered into Residential Subscriber Agreements with DISH Network to obtain DISH Network programming. Thereafter, Mediacom's employees would remit checks to DISH Network each month printed on "MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION" checks to pay for its subscriptions. Once Mediacom obtained access to DISH Network channel WSB/ABC, it extracted the local channel, made it cable ready and retransmitted it to Mediacom customers. In fact, Mediacom advertised via the local Chamber of Commerce website and its programming guide that it offered WSB/ABC as part of its channel line-up. Therefore. Mediacom executives entered into three separate Residential Customer Agreements with DISH Network, a Colorado corporation (attached hereto as Exhibit ("B")- The company would then extract local channel WSB/ABC from the DISH Network subscriptions, make it cable ready, and illegally retransmit the channel to its own customers. In fact, throughout its course of unlawful conduct, Mediacom would pay for its multiple DISH Network subscriptions by writing checks to DISH Network on "MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION" company checks, (attached hereto as Exhibit ("A"). Due to Mediacom's breach of contract and unlawful retransmission, EchoStar has suffered the injury of Defendants' tortious conduct in Colorado."
"2. Upon information and belief, Mediacom Communications Corporation and MCC Georgia, LLC d/b/a Mediacom, together, are a cable television operator. MCC Georgia with offices at 204 South Broad Street, Bainbridge, Georgia 31717 and 509 Flint Avenue, Albany, Georgia 31701 and Mediacom Communications Corporation with offices at 100 Crystal Run Road, Middletovvn, New York 10941.
3. Upon information and belief. Defendants Mediacom Communications Corporation is a Delaware Corporation and MCC Georgia d^b/a Mediacom is a Delaware Limited Liability Company. MCC Georgia maintains its principal place of business at 509 Flint Avenue, Albany, Georgia 31701 and Mediacom Communications Corporation maintains its principle place of business at 100 Crystal Run Road, Middletown, New York 10941 .
II. - Jurisdiction and Venue
5. Defendants illegally intercepted EchoStar's broadcasted satellite signal for its own personal financial gain.
10. Mediacom operates in numerous cities, including Georgia cities such as Bainbridge and Albany.
14. EchoStar recently discovered that a cable company in Georgia was intercepting programming provided by EchoStar to residential accounts and rebroadcasting it through its cable system to its cable customers.
15. EchoStar recently discovered that there are several satellite dishes mounted next to one of Mediacom's transmitting towers.
16. Based upon EchoStar's investigation, EchoStar concluded that, upon information and belief, Mediacom is using DISH Network equipment activated under three residential accounts registered to Michael Coutu, account # 909111859051; Johnny Duran, account #909111564586; and Jodi Walker, account number #909111859143, to receive the local affiliate signals of specifically, WSB/ABC and possibly NBC, CBS, and FOX at their Bainbridge location, and has been distributing those signals, through its cable system, to its customers. "
Nothing like timely news, LOL.
»Mediacom sued for signal theft
CAUGHT! I heard a lot of BAD...very BAD things about Mediacom.....this is a very serious crime.
Isn't this close to a felony class action?
9 year old news... whatever finally came of it, it is surely done by now.
Does reminds me of a local TV station startup that was caught transmitting video tapes rented from Blockbuster during its first week of broadcasting.
Said station was bought-out shortly after and is now our local FOX affiliate.
reply to horseathalt7
said by horseathalt7:And what on earth is that?
Isn't this close to a felony class action?
reply to mcctruth
Re: [Cable TV] Mediacom illegally intercepted EchoStar's signal? wonder what the outcome was