Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

1 recommendation

reply to Mumrar

Re: Suggestions for the 2013 Anti Virus Poll

said by Mumrar :

Not so much you left something out but todays folks either use complete solutions (suites) or stand alone tools in layers.

I personally think the poll would be more useful if it included "named complimentary AV products (Malwarebytes,SuperAntispyware/HitManPro,Emsisoft AM etc).

Also a secondary poll on the same page with 2 options Security Suites(all in ones) or layered approach(Multi-components).

Just a 2cents but the current poll is just a mainstream brand pie chart and maybe not too much value of data to be had from it.

Wouldn't make any sense adding those since none of them are anti-virus. Anti-malware and anti-spyware polls are done separately.
--
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. (Hmm)
I have enemies? Good. That means I've stood up for something, sometime in my life.

Mumrar

@sky.com

said by MarkAW:

Wouldn't make any sense adding those since none of them are anti-virus. Anti-malware and anti-spyware polls are done separately.

I would beg to difer.

The lines as to what cover what area have become very blurred( or obselete) in the past few years..AV's that detect trojans, spyware, AM that detect virus or spyware.

Those boundaries exist no more for the most...Might as well merge all 3 into "anti malcode" poll but as it happens its only seems to be AV poll that is created recently here.