spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TheHox
join:2012-05-31

TheHox

MT Router - Fail offering lease

Click for full size
School is back in session and all the students are back..

I'm getting complaints and seeing a lot of offering lease without success errors.

I did change some DNS stuff during the break, was using OpenDNS, but I reverted everything back by restoring a backup/reboot, and the problem still occurs.
Any ideas?

Semaphore
Premium Member
join:2003-11-18

Semaphore

Premium Member

What version of ROS ? Are you using NV2 ?

I saw this problem in 5.20, 5.21 and 5.22 with NV2 and legacy B/G cards. Trying 5.23 now to see if it's resolved.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to TheHox

Premium Member

to TheHox
I think its a MT bug, and a reboot seems to clear it up.

Its present in 6.0rc's as well

TomS_
Git-r-done
MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

TomS_

MVM

Instead of rebooting the whole box, is there any way of giving the DHCP process a kick? Like a "kill -HUP dhcpd" or some such?

Saves interruption to your network just to fix a silly DHCP issue...

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

said by TomS_:

Instead of rebooting the whole box, is there any way of giving the DHCP process a kick? Like a "kill -HUP dhcpd" or some such?

Saves interruption to your network just to fix a silly DHCP issue...

Cant run those commands with mikrotik, but perhaps disabling and re-enabling the dhcp server might fix it.
bburley
join:2010-04-30
Cold Lake, AB

bburley to TheHox

to TheHox
I had a strange problem with a MT router handling DHCP for two towers plus some infrastructure stuff. Only one of the towers would encounter DHCP issues every few weeks.

A reboot would fix the problem but it just kept coming back. I had been through the settings before and didn't spot any problem.

One day I got a little upset and sat down and compared the two tower subnet settings very carefully. The ONLY difference was the good tower had bootp support set to 'static'. The bad tower had bootp support set to 'none'. I changed the latter to 'static' and the problem has never returned.

I have no idea why or how that would make a difference. I don't expect I will ever know either. All I know is that enough time has gone by that I am certain that the change was responsible for fixing the problem.